Disappointed

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 8:28pm
via Android

Sad to say I did not work out as much as I wanted to last week. I can blame it on school or work or I can just face the fact that I would rather relax in my minimal free time than work out. I hope that if I get back into it this week and keep it up, once I start seeing results I'll have more motivation.

24 Feb
It's so hard starting up again, I too would rather watch a movie and sit on my phone and eat shifty food than workout. But I've been finally getting up and doing it all, working out, AND eating healthy, if you need help with motivation I would love to help, we can workout at the same time and talk about it and talk about results or what else we need help on
24 Feb
Thank you so much for your help. Starting up is definitely the hardest part, I'm thinking that as long as in working out at least 15 minutes a day it'll get easier and I'll gain confidence and motivation
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 8:52pm
via Android

Stick with it Libby! You should try to grant your body and health 15 mins a day - which is barely nothing, but will really pay off!

You may add an additional health boost by just walking or jogging outside for another 15 mins - your metabolism needs oxygen and natural lighting for a good serotonin supply - especially in winter. You will find that it's almost as good and way more healthy than some chocolate!  :-)

Plus 1: you will feel great after getting yourself move a little - especially after a stressful day at work or at school.

Plus 2: you will not suffer from bad conscience and may enjoy your lazy time on couch or wherever even more!

Enjoy your new healthy self!

Best!

24 Feb
Thank you for all of the advice! You're totally right, I had a very slow day at school- just worked out a bit and I feel a little better about myself
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 8:55pm
via Android

You may wanna start with the Scientific 7-Minute Workout. It helped me a lot in the beginning and will move (and really challenge in the beginning) your whole body - you'll like it! Just give it a try! :-)

24 Feb
Ill definitely try it out
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Feb 25, 2015 4:11am
via Android

That's very impressive that you are taking responsibility and not making excuses. That's the first step to becoming consistent.

25 Feb
This is true, i made soo many excuses and then last week i said enough, no ones to blame but me, so here i am a week later still with the rutine and loving it
25 Feb
Thanks! Yea I know its no ones fault but my own and I know I need to work on that.
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Feb 25, 2015 9:27am
via Android

I know the feeling. Something I've gotten much better at over the past year is not being too hard on myself for temporary setbacks, since I now see that this is a long term thing and in always returning to it I make long term progress.

25 Feb
That a great point!
Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Feb 25, 2015 3:28pm

So what you're saying is that you DID workout last week. That's AWESOME! Don't get caught up focusing on what you didn't do, focus on what you did. Keep everything positive. I know it sounds trite but it really helps with motivation. At least for me anyway.

25 Feb
Yore totally right, thanks for the motivation!
25 Feb
You're welcome. Attitude makes a big difference.
Foto0992_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 25, 2015 8:21pm
via Android

Don't be so hard on yourself, I also don't workout as much as I like, but I keep going. The must important it's not to lose motivation. Try to get a balance in your like. Best of luck.

25 Feb
Thank you, good luck to you too!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51