1St timer but determined!

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 28, 2015 8:46pm
via Android

I'm new to the whole exercising deal but I'm determined to lose weight and need some tips and motivation!

28 Feb
Drinking plenty is a great way to start
28 Feb
Smaller portions ..that's what I'm trying + the water
28 Feb
Same here and more greens!
28 Feb
And don't be afraid to lift a little
28 Feb
I really appreciate the advice ladies!
Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Mar 2, 2015 11:16am
via iOS
Cut down carbs and sugar. I cut right down on bread, pasta etc and am a reformed coca cola addict and you would not believe the difference it made. From stopping drinking fizzy drinks I lost half a stone just on its own. Since then I've made more healthy changes, joined a gym which I go to three or four times a week and gentle exercise at home and have lost another half a stone.

It's getting started that's the difficult bit, but once you see some results your motivation increases.
02 Mar
I'll admit i only did one workout (my 1st workout) and I was so sore! Still am today but i plan on getting some in! I really do feel motivated especially after seen my cur current weight. All your post and advice is also keeping me motivated!
02 Mar
I was after my first gym session, and still ache most days, but it means you pushed yourself. Now, if I don't ache I know I didn't work hard enough. Keep at it. :)
Me_thumb
15 Posts
Mar 2, 2015 7:50pm
via Android

Welcome aboard! - I've been using this app since October and love it! I was a couch potato (well, I still am some days!) and started with the "Off The Couch Blast" program to get me started. It was gentle but got me moving without making me feel super sore. After a few workouts, I added an Abs Foundation program into the mix along with the Brazilian Booty program - all 3 were great, but I recommend to go slow to start with. I don't think it's wise to dive in and push yourself so hard that you end up so sore that you can't move  otherwise you may loose motivation altogether...I've done that!

I follow a few people and from seeing them doing workouts via this app, it motivates me to do one too on my "I can't be bothered" days...even when I really don't want to workout! I find that after a couple of minutes into my workout, that I really get into it - but it's that motivation to workout that can be hardest some days! So now I try to make the effort to move as much each day...even if it's not a conventional workout - Doing some gardening, mowing the lawns (we have a lot of lawn here & it's early Autumn here in Australia), parking the car a little bit further away at the shops, carrying bags of groceries rather than using a trolley/cart, etc.

I know that cutting back on the bad foods is also a given....Yeah, annnnnd that's where I fail some days! Hehe! I love ice cream and chocolate, so they are my weakenesses! I'm currently trying to stick to fresh & unprocessed foods as much as possible and increase my water intake. As for my chocolate cravings, I'm try to ditch the naughtier white and milk chocolate for a really dark chocolate. Doing that, I find I don't eat as much chocolate as I normally would but still get the chocky buzz!

Most of all, don't get disheartened when you don't see results in the first couple of weeks, as it does take some time and this is a lifestyle change! I know my weight was gained slowly over a couple of years so it's only logical that my flubb won't fall off overnight! - But if we try to change aspects of our lifestyles, by exercising more and eating healthier, the results will start to appear!

C'mon girl! You can do it!

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 2, 2015 8:01pm
via Android

I totally hear what your saying ice cream and chocolate are my weaknesses as well but I'm sure i can kick the habit! Haha and I also know not to go super hard at 1st but I want to eventually be working out twice a day. It makes me feel good about my self and waay more energetic!

Me_thumb
15 Posts
Mar 2, 2015 8:11pm
via Android

Oh yes! I find I have a lot more energy than before I started working out...I do one workout and want to do another some days! Other days, I just jump on the exercise bike and do a HIIT workout (phew, now they can be a challenge!).

I forgot to mention earlier - By Christmas, I had dropped about 3kg (6.6lb) & half a dress-size....but I was naughty, stopped moving and enjoyed the festive foods a bit too much - and regained the weight I didn't completely deny myself ice cream or chocolate but I just watched the amount I was eating. I know some fitness & weight loss diets that I've read say absolutely no sweet stuff (even fruit is limited) but I personally find that if i deny myself I can end up having a binge session....so I'd rather have a couple of bits of dark chocky every now and then that a big bar (or two!) of milk chocky in one sitting!!!!

02 Mar
That's smart you give your self a smaller version of sweets...well ill post my weight in a couple weeks to allow my body to get used of this change!
02 Mar
Mental happiness while trying to get fit is important to help you stick at it. Why make yourself miserable?!?! Some people are different & can go 'cold turkey' but smaller portions is helping me. Results aren't drastic but I'm seeing the change! :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51