Motivation/Inspirational partner

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 1, 2015 1:24am
via Android

I've been struggling with weight since I was ten years old. Yes, I was the girl in high school getting picked on by all the '' pretty'' girls. I always find myself getting into a groove, I should say. Like I get so into health and fitness for a week maximum and then it dies.

I can't seem to find a reason or rhyme why. Whenever I tell myself I'm going to try a lifestyle change, I binge on junk food thinking I'll never eat it again.

I know what you're supposed to do, eat in moderation, exercise regularly, etc. I just go on pinterest and find the before and after weight loss pictures and become inspired. And I have all of this determination inside of me, but the convenience of fast food restaurants haunts me.

I work, and I work a lot. I'm a merchandiser, I work for a radio station, and I do photography. I work about 12-13 hours a day. But I do also have free time.

I want change. I want to become a better me. I want to feel healthy and have energy. I want to be motivated. I'm looking for someone I can confide in to help me along my fitness journey. I want new recipes, and tricks and tips.

I want to be the me, I've been holding inside.

01 Mar
I am not an "expert" but I will gladly help. I have been kicking my own fitness goals into gear for the past 7 weeks. It has been slow, but making progress (down 12lbs). I know years of excess weight is nor going to disappear without a fight.
01 Mar
Acknowledgment is quite a gear but without action to back it up, it doesn't give you the results you need. Both of you ladies are wonderful and powerful. Keep up the great work!! Have a great weekend.
01 Mar
Aesia, I'm proud of you. Slow progress is still progress. Have you been following the workouts on here, or kind of doing your own thing?
02 Mar
Arnold Schwarzenegger once said that a bowl of ice cream on a Sunday is not a bad thing, but a bowl on Sunday, Mon, tues, wed, thurs, friday, and sat is a bad thing. For me, I love bacon, but I don't like what it will do to me if I eat it every day. Don't starve yourself, or make a sudden drastic change in your diet or you'll burn out too soon. start by looking at the ingredients of food, then ask yourself if you really need it, or is there a better alternative.
02 Mar
I vary my workouts (home and/or gym). I do some from here, some I already had, videos, etc. I like variety. It keeps my body guessing and makes it less boring. The key is to have a plan/routine before you start. If I go to the gym without knowing what I want to do, my workout is not as successful or my motivation decreases.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 1, 2015 4:11am
via iOS
Hey Jen
01 Mar
Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 2, 2015 11:16am
via Android

Hey, I'm similar but instead of fast food I love sugar and find it so hard to give up the sweet things (which ultimately, make me feel sick, sad and guilty! I don't know why I do it!)

My weight has fluctuated though and I go through seasons of weight gain (winter) and the rest of the year I reach a real fitness high... I would really like to see if we can help each other because I really can empathise and know we can make some differences! Stay motivated for the time being, follow the plan and not the mood! Best of luck! :)

02 Mar
I have the exact same thing! I'm more or less physically active all year round, but in December I eat loads of chocolate and in July it's all the barbecues and parties and hanging out with friends and drinking soo much wine. Going running every other day makes no difference when calorie intake is like several thousand calories of alcohol per week. I really don't feel like giving all that up, but in the future I need to at least restrict it somehow.
02 Mar
I mean I really don't have to eat four boxes of pralines in December and drink four bag-in-boxes in July...
02 Mar
I read a quote once which said 'apparently some people eat when they're hungry and stop when they're full. I wonder what that's like' . It creased me up! I think for us it's a case of always needing to be conscious of our habits! I honestly don't care for the scales or dress size but focus on feeling great from the inside and watching my speed, distance and strength increase! That makes me feel less sad about having less of the naughty treats! it's not easy though!
10678781_695894850488119_4220192648016622589_n_thumb
1 Post
Mar 2, 2015 11:31am
via Android

Salam

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51