Question for consistent builders

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 10:00pm
via Android

Has anyone done a specific workout more then once or twice a week and saw results...

Which workout? For how long? What results did you see?

Any suggestions?

Personally looking to lose some bf, gain more mass in my upper body, I eat clean and seperate my cardio and workouts (unless it's a day I lift weights)

03 Mar
Do more cardio and less weight lifting me I use to box as a teenager and that is one of the best workout for trimming or losing weight you can get on YouTube and find real good cardio workouts.....a sweat suit works good while u workout too u can get one at Wal-Mart or Dick's
04 Mar
Isn't the sweat suit just for water weight
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 10:04pm
via Android

I use BodBot. I think is a very good app.

03 Mar
And what do you do
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 10:14pm
via Android

Why do you want to stick with one specific workout? I like the possibility to do at least one new workout every day - it's fun to explore what else may be a great workout and also keeps me motivated rather than doing the same stuff over and over again.

04 Mar
Just asked if there is a specific one that has really helped
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 11:20pm
via Android

When I see a body part lacking development I will hit that 2 x a week. Like my rear deltoids were non existent for awhile I hit behind the head shoulder presses 2 times a week one day heavy weight one day light weight. I'll do that for whatever body part I want to bring up to speed.

04 Mar
Thank you for actually giving a useful suggestion
05 Mar
Lol your welcome marisol
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 4, 2015 7:30am
via Android

It's not an specific kind of workout. it's a personal online trainer and you can choose your goal.
Try it and let me know.
The best thing is that is free.

04 Mar
Didn't like it
04 Mar
04 Mar
I've been using it for a while and I thought it gives you a good workout and it takes into consideration any muscle imbalances.
04 Mar
But everyone has their own opinion
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 4, 2015 8:05am
via Android

If you stick to the same routine your body will soon get used to it and it won't give any results anymore. I honestly don't think working out only once or twice a week will give you any significant results either.

I'm all for weight training (bodyweight exercises or weight lifting) since the more muscle you build, the more energy your body will burn even in rest. For cardio I prefer high intensity interval training (HIIT) which has actually been scientifically proven to be more effective than longer stretches of cardio where your heart rate is about the same for a longer period of time. Just 5-10 minutes of HIIT daily can be more effective than 45 minutes of low intensity cardio three times a week.

04 Mar
I should have been more specific. I work out 5 days a week and seperate my cardio from my lifting. I know what I am doing. I was just thinking one person on this app has done a program that has shown results
04 Mar
I re-read your post after I posted this and realized your questions weren't on beginner level. Sorry. :)
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 4, 2015 8:44am
via Android

Try burpees

05 Mar
Today I realized how much they do help :)
05 Mar
How many did you do?
Image_thumb
158 Posts
Mar 5, 2015 11:48am
via Android

Fat Burner Deluxe

It's a tough one, but works wonders

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 5, 2015 2:41pm
via iOS
Jim Stoppani creates some good workout utilizing microcycles reps to keep shocking your body. You can google him and his workouts are free. 
I've tried his shortcut to size and was impressed 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51