No Excuses

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Mar 4, 2015 10:34am
via Android

Today I have no energy and lacking my normal drive.
I still got up, put on my workout clothes and jumped on my stupid exercise bike.
No excuses!

04 Mar
You go girl! I'm still just waking up, couple hours to go.
04 Mar
Thanks Christa! I've actually had a good one. Just sliw start. Feel so good for ignoring myself this morning. :P You've got Scotty's program so you'll be sweating soon enough! Are you sore? How's it going with it?
04 Mar
It's going good! My legs are sore and my shoulders a little. Today is abs and HIIT lol
04 Mar
Sore means its working. I'll have a go when I'm stronger. It looks good and you guys are making it look fun too. :) Day 3 here you go Christaaaa! xx
04 Mar
Way to go Hadi! There seems to be a more satisfied feeling of success when you push through discouragement and fatigue to get it done.
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 11:41am
via Android

Everyday I workout I feel the changes taking place inside me.

New energy. New strength. More focus. Increased confidence.

I may get impatient at times but never doubt the results will eventually show on the outside if I keep pushing myself and don't give up.

Everyday I get one step closer to my goal and slowly build a new, healthier and fitter way of life.

Life is good.

12 Mar
Well done and well said, Hadi! ^^
12 Mar
Grazie bellissima. :)
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Apr 6, 2015 8:58pm
via Android

You know when you run the water for a much needed bubble bath and the phone rings and you forget to adjust the water temperature?

When you first try to get in and you stick one foot in thinking..."that's a tad warm" and then the other commiting yourself?

You know when you get in fully and then you understand that you've just stepped into a bubble bath full of hot hot hot hot hot...

When it's sooooo hot that you are paralyzed and all you can do is imagine your freezer and sticking your head in?

My bubble bath held me hostage.

I think I've been boiled alive and have narrowly escaped death.

I've been purified...

06 Apr
Haha, welcome to the other side
06 Apr
I'm still tingling and probably letting off steam DJ.lol Where's that freezer....
06 Apr
I know the feels, I once got in a bath so hot it felt cold...I was tired and ready to relax I didn't realize until I SAT DOWN!! I swear at that moment I could hear the screams of butterflies.
06 Apr
Screams of butterflies....hahahahaha....I will need to steal that. I love it too much not to spread it around! Image is priceless. I swear I'm not laughing....much....ok I lied.
06 Apr
I can laugh at it now...I just sat there...and thought to my self...I'm never going to be able to have children again.
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Apr 8, 2015 11:14am
via Android

I'm starting to get people pushing food at me....

Apparently decreasing instead of increasing my weight means I'm starving myself. Me? Starve myself?

I'm surrounded by feeders!

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Apr 8, 2015 8:14pm
via iOS
08 Apr
Nuuuuuuuu....lol
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Apr 20, 2015 6:14pm
via Android

Ok. Been meaning to write this for a while. So here goes.

I hear many say there's no time. I'm busy doing this and that. No space and countless of other excuses.

There's always time.

I'm currently on holiday in beautiful Italy. I've managed to find time to do some workouts every day.

I have limited space, time and no equipment but that's no excuse.

If anything, being here and knowing my diet will not be as healthy as usual (criminal not to eat here) pushes me to do some workouts where and when I can.

It may be really short ones. It may be calf raises while waiting for a bus. A plank here and there. It all counts. It's all better than nothing.

It makes me feel like I'm still keeping my goal in mind. It reminds me that this break is just that...a temporary break to a normal permanent routine.

When I'm back I'll be sweating and pushing to not only get back to where I was.. but to also give me room to enjoy the yummy food here.

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Jul 27, 2015 7:48pm
via Android

I haven't written my thoughts here in ages but there's something I've been meaning to share.

I had no idea when I started that I was embarking on a change in attitude and lifestyle. I had no idea that I would be competing daily against myself. Old habits, easier options...excuses excuses excuses.

What I noticed the longer I stuck to this, was the increased confidence,"If I can do this what else can I do?". Instead of saying "it's too hard" like I would in the past I am now just pushing through. It may take longer,but if someone else can do it I can too. Or at least I'll give it my all.

Now we get to my most recent phenomenon. Now that I've started to feel positive and have more energy. Now that I can feel the strength growing in me. Now that I know I can do it, I'm getting the negative comments.

Today was from colleagues at work. I also get family and friends occasionally. Some make passing comments. Others are passive aggressive. Some even make jokes out of what they call 'my hobby'. Majority of these people have one thing in common.

They have tried and given up. Some have been on countless fad diets. Some have exercised until they could do no more. Others make excuses of time. All just do not want to be reminded of what they would 'like to but won't do'.

So they call it "my obsession", say I'm getting "too skinny". Try and tempt me with food and make jokes when I choose to go home and workout rather than go out drinking.

One thing is different. I am. I know better. I know how I feel. Words bounce off me or get washed away by the sweat. Let them talk. I'm doing this for me. It feels good. It feels right. That's what counts.

All the rest? It's nothing but hot air.

27 Jul
Oh Hadi, I know the feels... Big hug darling, great attitude!! I'm going to read this last post every now and then I guess. "Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up." And you're stronger than you'll ever now.
27 Jul
I get it too Hadi, I get the positive but I also get the negative! I am like you I do it for me and screw the rest! Your doing great and keep up the great work! :-)
27 Jul
Great words Hadi. Very inspirational. That should help heaps of people. Thanks for sharing.
28 Jul
Proud of you Hadi!! Very well said!!! :)
28 Jul
I knew you guys would understand. ♡

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51