Losing Fat... But Scale Is Going Up!!...??

4 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Mar 5, 2015 5:47am
via Android

So... For the last few weeks, I've been staying pretty consistent and I've been working out about 4 to 5 times a week because I wanted to lose my fat around my waist... So far so good! I'm seeing results :) And my muscles are beginning to tone :)

I've been trying my best to stay away from the scale because I don't want to get discouraged or focus too much on that and disregard seeing my results...

But.... the scale is going UP..? Umm... is this normal!?

Help! Please! Lol.

Mar 5, 2015 5:49am
via Android

Hey! Muscle weighs more than fat :) so good job :)

05 Mar
I used to think so too... until... some guy said one pound of fat is still the same pound of muscle. Lol. I'm soooo confused!
05 Mar
That dudes an idiot
05 Mar
Well, yes a pound is a pound, but muscle is more dense and you will have less of it per pound. It's like a pound of bricks and a pound of feathers. A pound is a pound but one has a lot more quantity
05 Mar
Ahhhh!! I get it! :) thank you so much!!
520 Posts
Mar 5, 2015 7:33am
via Android

Focus on the body fat percentage and monthly picture diary that'll be more helpful than the scale, yes no doubt a pound is a pound but what is more pleasing 100 kg man with well built muscle 10-12%bf or a 100 kg man with 30-35% bodyfat; both weigh the same but which one is in better shape? Carry on with the good work! :D

05 Mar
Thank you so much for helping me understand!
05 Mar
No worries :-)
280 Posts
Mar 5, 2015 9:31pm
via Android

You might be gaining muscle.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51