5 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 5, 2015 12:17pm
via Android

Haven't exercised since high school but was a hard core athlete...now 30 and out of shape and don't know where to start. Need people to help motivate me and some suggestions on beginner workouts to lose tummy fat and tone body.
Thanks

Image_thumb
43 Posts
Mar 5, 2015 12:48pm
via iOS
I will motivate you, do the quick cardio crunch and follow me
Image_thumb
459 Posts
Mar 5, 2015 1:24pm
via Android

Careful with doing crunches and workouts that claim to "burn tummy fat". All they really do is strengthen your tummy muscles and make them bigger. ..which actually pushes out the tummy and makes it look bigger. The key to a slim tummy is 99.8% nutrition. Abs exercises simply help you see the muscles underneath once the excess is burned off through good nutrition and cardio. Keep that in mind while you're kicking ass

05 Mar
You mean to tell me, that by working to shrink my tummy, I am doing the opposite? Ps. Hard for me to keep up with food tracking
05 Mar
Tammana, you can't spot target fat burn by doing certain exercises. You need to lose fat all over. Your abs will grow thus making your belly look bigger, just like D.J. says.
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 6, 2015 5:09pm
via Android

welcome

Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Mar 6, 2015 5:59pm
via Android

You should probably join a team here on skimble. Challenges are put out every month.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51