Top excuses to Not workout (and the reasons they're bulls**t)

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
459 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 2:50am
via Android

What are some of the top reasons you hear for skipping or not working out?

07 Mar
"I haven't ate anything today."
07 Mar
"It's raining "
07 Mar
I sneezed and put a chopstick through my eye
07 Mar
"My dog doesn't want to walk with me"
07 Mar
Hahaha
Image_thumb
459 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 3:30am
via Android

"I'll start fresh  next Monday "

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 3:47am
via iOS
I'm not seeing any progress!
Image_thumb
459 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 3:52am
via Android

I don't have time.

07 Mar
Bullshit. We all have the same 24 hours
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 4:40am
via Android

I'm too sore, I'll workout tomorrow. (This is me all the way)

07 Mar
It happens :) yoga on non "workout" days is a good way to help stretch out sore muscles. Also protein right after a workout helps with recovery. Works for me, try it?
07 Mar
Wow ok thanks D.J. I will try it out:-)
07 Mar
Awesome. Let me know how it works out for you
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 5:34am
via Android

I've heard it all..
Too tired
Too busy
Didn't sleep enough
It's cold, it's hot
Work was stressful
It's like just say the truth, I don't want to workout because I'm a lazy f**k and rather drink a beer. Lol

07 Mar
Bwhahaha
Image_thumb
459 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 5:52am
via Android

I love the "usta" people.

" aww man yea, I usta lift..."
"Years ago I usta  workout every day"
"I usta  bench 1003lbs twice"

07 Mar
Ahahaha yeah I have a lot of those at work. I'm like dude, my gramps still benchs 25s
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 7:36am
via Android

The only excuses I've made myself are didn't get enough sleep but I always push through the workout even on 3 hours of sleep I tell myself I'll sleep as soon as I get home just yesterday I only had 5 hours of sleep and after I was done with my shoulder workout I got real sleepy and was almost gonna skip on working my legs but instead I grabbed a redbull(I know it's not healthy but lesser evil kinda thing) and I finished strong, the only time I don't workout is when I am visiting my home country and staying with friends etc I still get in a lot of soccer those days

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 10:05am
via Android

Some days I really don't feel like working out and I allow myself to feel that way. I know I'll be at it tomorrow again. But constant excuses that make you never work out, that's just lame.

07 Mar
We all have those days. :-( but it's better to accept that and say you need a day's rest rather than the snow ball excuses.
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 12:12pm
via Android

My sister came to the gym with me for a month or so..Im in around 9am every morning..

Its raining and I dont want to get my hair wet - A hood or umbrella was all dismissed as was also windy.

Think I might need a poo and dont want to risk the gym.

My son is opening his presents in the morning...er isnt he in school thou, yeah but ill have to clean up wrapping paper.

Then her phone broke so she couldnt come in and hasnt since a year later.

07 Mar
"Think I need a poo"?! Most colorful excuse I've ever heard!
07 Mar
That's one for the record books for sure.
08 Mar
Yes it did shock me..my gym is a large chain place, it isnt the best but they have plenty of toilets...
08 Mar
I'm still laughing at this. :D
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Mar 8, 2015 1:29am
via Android

"My kids take up all my time"

I have 5...no excuses. Get up earlier.

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Mar 8, 2015 2:44am
via iOS
For a long time, my personal excuse was; I can't motivate myself. I really need help. So my hubby would try...I felt like he was nagging, even tho three days prior I had told him to. Or is get off work at 9:00 and I'd be like oh it's too late I'll do it tomorrow before/after work. 
If only, I could spew about 50 of those too lol. 
The only motivator a person can have that works well is him/her self. Holding myself accountable rather then relying on family to bug me helped so much! I do wish I had realized that sooner. 
08 Mar
But at least you have realized this and are being real with yourself. Good job christa
08 Mar
Thanks ;) it helps on here that no one is nagging, lol, but everyone encourages by telling eachother great job etc.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51