More Pull Ups

7 posts | Original | Recent
5 Posts
Mar 9, 2015 12:03am
via Android

Hey guys. I'm looking for tips on doing more pull ups. I have a pull up bar but I'm only 5'2 so it's hard to even reach for me. Sometimes I use a stool and that seems to help. Any advice??

09 Mar
Good looking
09 Mar
Xavier, I don't think she asked for opinions on her looks.
09 Mar
Just keep using the stool Malea! All you have to do is pratice on your high jumps.
09 Mar
I am a jym trainer so if you want tips contact my we chat account Remo1remo
10 Mar
Thank you guys. And yeah I'd prefer just workout tips lol. Someone told me about negative pull ups too so I'll definitely try that
2 Posts
Mar 9, 2015 1:49am
via iOS

This should help get you started. 
821 Posts
Mar 9, 2015 2:15am
via Android

If you can't jump to grab the bar then definitely use a stoll. If pull ups are difficult for you try chin ups then after building more strength you can graduate to pull ups. There is a good video on YouTube by a guy named scooby and he has a method that will help you its called how to do your first pullup you should look it up.

1 Post
Mar 9, 2015 5:52am
via Android

Try pulling your self up so that your chin is over the bar and then hold yourself there at the top of the pull up. Holding yourself in that position forces your muscles to stay very tense, that will build strength in your lats and biceps over time making full pull ups a lot easier! It's a good isometric exercise that helped me a lot! Good luck! I hope things are going well

20 Posts
Mar 9, 2015 7:05pm
via Android

Use Something to reach the bar, and get a good grip.

You can do a top-down-top workout.
Do as many pullups as you can, for a test. Try to do the pullups in a good form, it's always better do 3 good pullups than 6 bad pullups.
To the next day do this:
Imagine that in your test you did 5 pullups, then
Do 3 pullups, rest 8 to 10 secs,
Do 2 pullups, rest same time
Do 1 pullup, rest same time,
Do 1 pullup, rest same time,
Do 2 pullups, rest same time,
Do 3 pullups, rest same time.

If you can do at least 5 pullups, use a chair or something where you can place your feet, so you do the pullups with your Knee bended.

Do this for five days (not neccesarely ever day), in the 6th do 2 rounds. After another 5 days, start all over, first the test, take half or a bit more, an do the workout.

64 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 9:06pm
via Android

I use a pull up assist band to get more done in workouts and increase the amount i can do.   There are the adjustments and it clips to any bar.   I can send you a link if you can't find it - message me if you need help.   It's a great tool...!!!

96 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 10:03pm

The best advice I can give you to increase your pullup reps, is to do more pullups. Start with a chair or a stool and keep one leg (or both if need be) on the stool. Let the weight of your leg(s) rest on the stool while you complete the pullup (don't use your leg to push yourself up).

Assisted pullups are great conditioning exercises to help your body start to develop the muscles it needs to complete the exercise. If using a chair or stool is still too hard, try laying under a kitchen table with your hands on the edge of the table and pull yourself up to the table from the floor. This is also a good conditioning exercise.

If that is still too difficult, try standing in a doorway with your feet close together and your toes touching the door frame. Grasp the door frame with both hands and lean back until your arms are straight. Then pull yourself towards the door frame.

Any time you spend conditioning your muscles will help you perform the real deal. Good luck!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51