Flexibility help?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Mar 9, 2015 8:01am
via Android

So I've been really trying to bust out some good workouts that will hopefully help me increase my muscle mass and tone them, now I've run into an entirely different problem...I'm stiff, I want to try and gain as much flexibility as I can, especially since I'm trying to join the navy. Being flexible is a must...any help or program suggestions? I was thinking of doing another yoga program or a pilates program...any pointers, hints, workouts, or advice would be very much appreciated.

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 9, 2015 9:36am
via Android

Yes, start doing yoga! The Daily Yoga app has a great 10 day beginner's tour that's free. There you can learn the foundations of yoga. The yoga workouts here often don't have thorough explanations of how to get into and out of poses, which is really important to do correctly.

Muscles that often are too tight are hamstrings, calfs, hip flexors and pecs. Yoga Sun Salutations will help you stretch all of these. Don't be discouraged if you can't hold the pose immediately or if you can't fully get into them. Do them to your extent and you'll soon find that you'll be able to do more and more. Sun Salutations are the foundations of yoga, I suggest you find a YouTube video that explains them thoroughly and learn to do them first.

09 Mar
And btw, my opinion is that all weightlifters should do yoga to properly stretch they're muscles and stay limber.
09 Mar
*their
09 Mar
Yes but do not perform yoga everyday! Depending on your workout schedule I suggest only doing yoga between off days. Reason being; when moving iron we need our muscles to be tense in order to avoid injury. While being nice and loose feels great, you don't want a ticket to SnapCity. Trust me, I've been there.
09 Mar
Pilates is good because there's a bit more impact. I also suggest plenty of water and adding full ROM exercises to your workout
10 Mar
Aha, I did not know that! Luckily I naturally do yoga on my days off or when I don't want to work up a huge sweat. But what about doing yoga after weight training?
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Mar 9, 2015 3:29pm
via Android

Io amigos tudo bem

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Mar 9, 2015 11:32pm
via Android

Then guess I'm doing yoga when I wake up tomorrow

10 Mar
How did it go?
10 Mar
Not bad, I felt a lot ok f strain in my knees and hips, but I guess that'll workout with time, just gotta keep doing it
10 Mar
Great!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51