THIS IS THE MOST MOTIVATION I CAN GIVE

20 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 6:33pm

I'm finding the "motivation" question harder and harder to answer on here......

Why? Because I don't think of it as "needing motivation" anymore.

Eating healthier and working out has become a way of life for me now. It is a fundamental part of my day and regardless of what I am doing each day I look at when I can work out.

Do I still eat crap? Hell yeah I do! I'll have a beer, I'll eat chips, chocolate whatever I fancy if and when I want to. What is different now is that eating healthy is more of a lifestyle than eating crap

Was I always like this? Hell no!!!! Over the last 2 and a half years I've gradually improved my health and my eating habits.

So what changed?

You've actually given yourself a clue in your post... You give up... WHY????

Because you have psychologically programmed yourself to fail. I was EXACTLY the same. So I decided to sit down and REALLY understand my triggers. The things that lead to me failing. Some of them were as simple as changing my drive home from work so I wasn't passing the shop I bought beer in. Understanding the time of day I got most of my cravings and changing my routine at home. If someone didn't support me I made it perfectly clear they could shove their comments up their arse.

People get into a rut, that rut leads to eating shit & not working out. Change it..

If you just can't motivate yourself after doing EVERYTHING you can, GIVE UP!! Shocking comment to make?? I don't think so. I've come across far too many people in my life who blame others and make excuses for why they fail. If you are one of them, delete your Skimble app and move onto Minecraft or Hayday.

Many things aren't equal, but everyone gets the same 24 hours a day - 7 days a week. We make the time for what we TRULY want

10 Mar
Well said my friend. It all comes down to one little 7 letter word. EXCUSES Excuses are poison. They are our way of silently sabotaging our efforts and the reason we use to avoid having to actually DO something about our situations.
10 Mar
+1000
10 Mar
I wish we had a button on here beside the "Like" button that when clicked gave the poster a big slap across the face..... I think that it would be used far more often than the like button.
10 Mar
Alan, I was just going to tell you to not be such a dick (pardon my French) but I'm laughing too hard at the mental pictures of unknowing whiners suddenly being slapped across the face LOOOOL. I'm gonna laugh at this all night.
10 Mar
Thanks for the mental picture. It put a much needed smile on my face.
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 6:44pm
via Android

I'd like to add: AND EDUCATE YOURSELF.

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 7:06pm
via Android

Well said!

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 7:14pm

I've been there.

Overweight, massively unhealthy, drinking too much alcohol, eating too much crap.... trying to get healthy again absolutely sucks balls!

It hurts like hell

You'll hate everyone and everything.

You'll want to quit, BUT, if you refuse to it'll become easier each week. You begin to enjoy the workout pain.

You'll be disgusted at what you used to eat and drink. THAT is when you know you've made it a lifestyle!

Some of us wanna be shredded and compete, some of us want to look better or be more attractive, some of us just don't want to die at an early age, and some of us want to make sure our kids don't end up the same way.

Whatever the reason, FFS make sure you know what it is and stick to it. The world has enough losers in it, don't be one of them. I was close to being one of them, and have clawed my way out.

F*** motivation!!! Give me dedication!!!

(I'm gonna eat some chicken & pasta!!)

Image_thumb
171 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 7:20pm
via Android

"move into minecraft" hahahaha.
I've been on the verge of commenting "just give up" to some people who are always asking for motivation on here... They're bound to fail unless they change drastically. Simple as that. I also think most of them really do know that some motivating comment isn't gonna be enough to help them in long run.

10 Mar
I realize you said move onto... But move into was funnier in my head
10 Mar
I agree Blondie! It's much funnier!! If you have to ask for motivation you've already failed in my opinion. I remember I didn't ask for motivation, I asked for tougher workouts and recommendations. Then I actually did them!! I had one guy send me a load of PM's asking for advice and I spent a lot of time helping him. He's never done a single goddam workout on here!! Pisses me off sometimes
10 Mar
I had to make a time hop to see what my first posts were. I asked for advice on how to advance in yoga and what to think about when putting together a workout program. I got one answer on each post. That didn't put me down, since I didn't come here to have people standing next to me telling me what to do every single step of the way. I kept on going and eventually I had made a bunch of friends that makes it even more fun, but the motivation is inside me. It's not something you can...
Image_thumb
130 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 7:42pm
via Android

Totally agree dude. I know the feeling of staying strong.

Image_thumb
342 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 9:33pm
via Android

Nicely put Scotty, couldn't of said it better myself! It frustrates me being on here when I am actually looking for help and need that advice, it's truly hard to find on here! Our bodies are all different and what works for someone might not work for me, you get to know your body but sometimes it would be good to get some advice that you just might not be thinking about!
It would be nice to have a forum for people who are serious! That's all I have to say! LOL

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 11, 2015 8:03am
via Android

I do have to say though that I really don't appreciate the bullyish tendencies that sometimes surface in the forums. I'm not pointing out anyone in particular, we all have to think about how we talk to other people. If you feel omg not yet another one asking for motivation, scroll past it. Let someone else answer it. I know it's difficult when you just want to grab people and shake them and shout BUT WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND but keep in mind that it might throw someone off because they don't feel welcome or stupid or whatever. You don't want that on your conscience, do you.

11 Mar
I agree Anna, and I'm guilty of the tough-love approach sometimes. I just get exasperated sometimes when I try to help people who PM me only for them to not say thank you for me taking the time, and then to disappear. I'll check myself (sometimes)
11 Mar
The PM'ing happens frequently to me too. When I see my "disciples" work hard and make progress it makes me really happy. When they just disappear without even say thanks for your time it makes me feel like the time and effort I put in wasn't worth shit to them. PS. Eat before replying to posts, haha! DS.
12 Mar
OR when you give advice and they just ignore it and start a new thread on the same subject because the advice you gave wasn't what they wanted to hear...
21 Mar
Or when they go and delete the whole post cause they didn't like what they read. I saw one disappear right after I replied the other day.
21 Jul
Happened to me as well Christa with a long answer I gave. You just wanna slap them...
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Jul 20, 2015 9:18am

Bump

16692_10204290119404346_3953708362114429467_n_thumb
1 Post
Jul 20, 2015 10:47pm
via Android

I would like to  say... I absolutely loved this post!  I totally understand each and every word...i couldn't have said it better  myself or agree more.

20 Jul
Thank you Angel. It was one if my many rant moments ; )
20 Jul
I missed it when it started. Good call though mate.
30 Jul
Cheers Dunc!
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jul 24, 2015 3:17am
via Android

Bum bum bum bump

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Jul 30, 2015 5:56am
via iOS
Cake and eat it too? Maybe Nutella pancakes! 
Image_thumb
269 Posts
Aug 2, 2015 9:28pm
via iOS
Ok bump. Someone must need it. 
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Aug 8, 2015 3:20pm
via Android

Always good to read

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 7:12pm
via Android

Bump

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Aug 21, 2015 4:59pm
via iOS
Bump again
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Sep 2, 2015 5:37pm
via Android

Bump

Image_thumb
136 Posts
Oct 12, 2015 3:59pm
via Android

Bump up the jams! There's motivation for you!

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Mar 16, 2016 11:42am
via iOS
Bump it up, bump it up...
Loghain_de_pacquet_thumb
61 Posts
Aug 12, 2016 4:10am
via Android

Bump for great win...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51