Feeling stuck..

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 11:02pm
via Android

I've lost the motivation. In fact I feel I've lost motivation for anything at all. I'm always saying I'm going to change my ways and actually get out there and work on my body and my self. But every day I find excuses not to do anything. It's been this way for some time now. Can anyone else relate or have any advise?

10 Mar
Just force yourself to go. Join classes at your local gym. Once you get into it, it becomes a habit then it becomes a hobby! Once you see the results you'll keep going. Also genuine lack of motivation can also be down to diet. Stay away from high fat or high sugar foods to avoid the big dip after the sugar high. Working out makes you feel like you have more energy too. Its all in the mind :)
10 Mar
I do the same thing. :( Either I hate going to the gym because of all the people and my insecurities or at home I'm just lazy. I always feel ashamed of myself. Things that help me are listening to music that pumps me up, green tea/green tea vitamins/ drinking a cup of black coffee (although bitter, I know) its healthy and gives you energy, sometimes I'll look at older pics of myself and pics of women that I'd like to look like. Don't take no for an answer. Just decide to do it before your mind has time to...
10 Mar
Thanks. I get small bursts of motivation randomly. I live in the country so going to a gym everyday is a bit hard also. I do have a small set up here at home. And being a country girl my motivational music I love is country songs :-) thanks in advance to everyone for your support.
11 Mar
Take small steps, one at a time. When I started I set my goal on running 10KIn a month or so. Not good, not realistic. Then I started reading more and planned a good schedule. Starting small to experience the fun of working out again. After a few weeks you won't be able not to excersise anymore. So take your time and enjoy it!
12 Mar
I'm feeling the same . I agree sounds like depression . But doctor doesn't really listen . I have a lot of money worries and sometimes work stresses me out . Sometimes i don't even wanna get up . I have to make myself exercise even though i don't feel like it . U'll get there :-)
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 11:38pm
via Android

That's not all that strange. You could very well suffer from depression and need to see a doctor, but if not, being reluctant to get moving is extremely common.

I have similar problems. After a lot of struggling I exercise regularly now but i still haven't added that five minute morning Ab blast i keep promising myself, or the evening stretching & meditation. I just... get lazy or something.

Look at my profile and click "topics" and look at the "simple mini habits for changing your life" topic. I don't know how to link it here but there's a link to a pretty good article there. I could really relate to it in how I got started exercising regularly.

10 Mar
Thanks Patrick. I also thought maybe depression considering my lack of motivation past just working out. But I find its just some situational things I'm stuck in which might be bring me down a bit. Thank you I'll be sure to check that out :-)
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 5:08pm
via Android

Know that feeling... I would love to motivate you ! We can do it together ! ;)

Image_thumb
159 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 7:07pm
via Android

I know the feeling. It may just be a case of that scary first step. You just need to start so you can get the momentum going. I'd suggest start with an extremely easy workout like ' office neck stretches' just to get moving at all.. I promise you'll automatically want to the next workout on your own. 
Follow me if you'd like more support :)

Image_thumb
196 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 7:13pm
via Android

Btw, I go through the same things, look around you, everyone does, working out, at work, in life, aren't we all trying to find balance and consistency? It's going to take some work and encouragement!

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 7:18pm
via Android

Thanks everyone ! I am doing better this week. Only thing holding me back now is this awful cold I got ☺ I should be back up and working out soon

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 17, 2015 7:07am
via Android

Take a month off from everything...go on holidays...do what u love most ..do something new something thrilling..adventurous sports...forget about the world for few weeks ..u will feel fresh and then u can come back with rejuvinated energy and focused mind...n yes start yoga in daily routine dt will help as well...good luck

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 17, 2015 9:58am
via Android

My immediate thought is depression. Look into yoga, meditation and mindfulness. If it's a milder depression you can work your way through it on your own. If this continues, you should seek medical help and therapy. There are also herbal remedies that can help giving you more energy. Vitamin D and potassium are essential for both physical and mental wellbeing and strength.

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 17, 2015 4:06pm
via Android

Sweat or regret
Your choice

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51