Bring it...

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
459 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 12:04am
via Android

Headed to the gym in a while, as there I shall attempt to flip the entire damn building upside down.
Who's with me?

Image_thumb
459 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 3:40am
via Android

Well folks...I'm wasted, muscles are completely shot, I set the lunk alarm off twice for slamming 310 on the smith machine (yes I go to planet fitness,  it's 20$ and there's one by my house and my job...shut up lol) and I left a whole lotta sweat and headaches in there. Twas a good evening indeed.

12 Mar
I hate that damn alarm
12 Mar
Whats lunk alarm?
12 Mar
Matt, the lunk alarm is the most stupid hypocritical thing ever invented. Look it up.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 4:09am
via iOS
The wife and I go to planet fitness as well. The dumbbells are too light for me on some days so I use another gym for free at her work, but there's nothing wrong with PF (we avoid the pizza though!)
12 Mar
Agreed on all accounts
12 Mar
And Bagels, and tootsie rolls I'm assuming lol. I use to go there.
12 Mar
Whaaat there's gyms that sell pizza? Only in America...
12 Mar
No Anna. ..they don't sell it...it's free. Yes, only in America. Lol
12 Mar
I was disgusted at the pizza "thing" last week! And it's amazing how busy it is on those days. I also complain about the fans coz they dry me out when I'm doing steady state stuff... I love the TRX stuff they put in though. And yes.. The pizza is free!! So are the cream cheese bagels! *sigh
Image_thumb
459 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 9:46pm
via Android

I'm pretty sure the whole pizza thing is to keep with the M.O. of the gym; "no judgments,  everyone's allowed" .
They do it to make some people who are over weight feel more comfortable and accepted,  and not judged by the "meat head crowd" as they call it. I might not agree with everything but I get what they're trying to do. This is an out of shape country fitness wise, and it's good they're providing that environment for people to get up and get fit. There's alot of people there who don't know everything and some who stick to the more basic exercises and that is perfectly fine. Matthias you just might fit in perfectly there bro.

12 Mar
Yeah that's what I figured as well when I discussed it. I just sin understand why it couldn't be something at least a little healthier to help educate people on nutrition. I asked about the dumbbells as well and was told it was to avoid meatheads coming in, which I understood.
13 Mar
Yep, they even take the second bar off the leg press to cap you at around 1000lbs...again , I don't like it, but I get it.
14 Mar
I get the thing with the leg press. What I do not get: yes, you might feel more comfortable, but what's the point in suggesting people that they have trained hard and that they afterwards or in between can chunk free pizza
14 Mar
Wasn't finished: ...Problem is that by being free people who already struggle with their weight are seduced to eat more than which is good for them. Problem 2: when you give away pizza in a gym you suggest: hey, this is not bad, it's even healthy. And people will not start thinking about healthy food but continue eating junk food. Problem 3: depending on how much they eat of the free pizza (or how much their appetite was raised and what they're gonna eat at home): the gym steals away the good effect of the training people would face normally
14 Mar
Do we not all have a cheat day. The pizza/bagel thing happens once a month. They do it and say "reward yourself" . Not "hey here's pizza everyday...be a fat ass." (I probably knock out a pizza or two, 4 or 5 times a month. ) if people don't take the time to focus on their own health and nutrition outside of the gym, it's not the gym's fault. Every membership gum around the world is still a buisness. Plain and simple. This one goes further to let newbies know, "yes, you can still eat pizza from time to time".

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51