Protein powder

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
94 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 4:25am
via Android

Hello Skimblers
I have seen here that people use protein powder in meal.
can you tell what is protein powder, Is it supplement or anything else.

13 Mar
Protein powder is like a meal replacement. Some protein powders come with added vitamins. For a work out a whey protein would be best. If you are looking to gain muscle you may also want to consider adding a supplement called bcaa, its amino acids that help to build muscle.
13 Mar
Its not a meal replacement its a suppliment in addition to normal food intake bearing in mind it contains calories...its pointless if your just working out..its used to build muscle when weightlifting. Whey is best in any circumstance but comes from cows milk (seperate the curds and whey! curd makes cheese, the waste is sold as protein) lactose or religious etc can use other forms protien power...isolate is best mosr refined version but is expensive which is why its mixed and also absorbs faster.
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 6:32am
via Android

Yes a supplement for added protein in your meals

Adobephotoshopexpress_2013_12_04_19_48_56_thumb
57 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 8:13pm
via Android

Protein is not just for mass but recovery post workout for tissue repair.

Whey is most preferred for amino acids and glutamine. Vegan blends and hemp protein are also available.

Not sure what your fitness goals are but if your trying to gain mass you'll have to add other supplementation.

14 Mar
No you've watch to many fitness DVDs trying to sell you there own poor quality protein. Recovery from what exactly..ordanry workouts build little muscle tou run out of body weight but you do tone up...socwhat are you recovering from that you need protein suppliments to help with it.. People should spend a few hours reading before commenting BS used to sell people stuff.
14 Mar
Matt, if you push your muscles to fatigue they get torn and when they repair themselves they grow bigger. For repairing they need protein and water. But you should of course first try to meet your protein needs with protein rich food, not supplements.
Adobephotoshopexpress_2013_12_04_19_48_56_thumb
57 Posts
Mar 14, 2015 8:26pm
via Android

Not everyone can consume large amounts of protein throughout the day. I know I can't eat protein rich foods due to gall bladder disease.

If I don't drink a protein shake or eat bar I get the worst case of DOMS to the point I can't walk. I know this from personal experience when I squat 200lbs to failure.

I've never had results with just whey protein for muscle growth . Usually Creatine and Beta Alanine gives me the best gains.

Image_thumb
94 Posts
Mar 15, 2015 6:25am
via Android

Thanks Everyone for your Great advice.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51