Anyone else suffering from sciatica ?

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 3:02pm
via Android

I've been suffering from severe sciatica for nearly 3 years, had steroid injections but never helped much.. Anyone know good exercises/workouts that would help ? Anyone else suffer from this ?

13 Mar
Your hospital physiotherapist should be able to give you some exercises specific to siatica...as its basically caused by trapped siatic nerve stretching would be beneficial it was with my wife she had it after giving birth for around a year. Again was hospital psysio who did hydro therapy.
14 Mar
Cathryn, lookup Williams Flexion Exercises. They will help stretch and increase your core muscles stability to help decrease the pain. Use heat also. I'm in the group "Getting under 200 pounds" if you have more questions
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 3:24pm
via Android

I dont have sciatica, but I had thoracic spinal fusion in 2011 , i have two 14" titanium rods and 20 screws in my middle spine so I know how it is to live with back pain. For me core exercise helped the most. Your core muscles hold your body up instead of gravity putting pressure on the spine,discs, and nerves. Good luck I hope you find something to relieve your pain.

13 Mar
Thanks for the advice

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51