Is there a right time

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 12:25am
via Android

Just wondering is there a right time to work out eg.. morning, afternoon ect because I had a busy day today and it's 00.23am now and I've just finished a workout. Might be an odd question but I'm new to this whole workout world and wondered if it's less effective at certain times I know it's late but I felt like I was cheating myself out of a workout and had to do it

16 Mar
Its whatever suits you, early mornings before breakfast are considered the best time but as long as you can do something everyday, that's a good start.
16 Mar
Oh ok then thankyou for that :)
16 Mar
Yoga before bed is good. I did an 8 min last night before I crashed.
16 Mar
Whatever suits u . When u can :-)
16 Mar
Well cardio b4 bed isn't good . U'll gind it hard too sleep . Yoga is fine . :-)
Icon_missing_thumb
22 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 12:31am
via Android

Dont do it before bed, you need to rest at that

Image_thumb
95 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 2:17am
via iOS
From all of the research I've done, the podcasts I've subscribed to, it's a myth that exercise before bed affects your sleep.  According to those same sources, it is optimal to exercise in the afternoon.  You get the best bang for your buck!  In my own experience, I workout almost exclusively in the morning because it suits my shedule best.  As long as you're getting consistent exercise, I think it's whatever works best for you.  A lousy workout in the morning is better than no workout at all.
16 Mar
Thankyou for the advise I usually workout around 6-8pm because it suits my schedule but I was so busy today but didn't wanna miss my workout
16 Mar
That's why I go in the morning. I have 2 kids, they keep my. Evenings pretty full. So, if I get up early and go in the morning, I can't make excuses later in the day. Like I said though, it might not be the best time, but it's better than not doing anything at all! Good luck!
16 Mar
I normally exercise early evening between 6pm-7.30pm depending on what hours i'm working that week :-)
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 3:36am
via Android

The best workout is the workout you actually do. Time is not important. It's totally on your own when you feel best. Me personally I am not into morning workouts - I lack at least 20% of power and stamina then. So most of the training I do happens between 06:00 pm and 01:00 am. And I don't have sleep problems at all.

And for the sleeping part: Yes, you may not be able to workout and then go to bed immediately, you will need some minutes - but then again you feel greatly relaxed and tired after hitting it hard: so it actually can prevent sleep problems.

16 Mar
Thankyou matthias :)
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 6:58am
via Android

I agree with the rest. The important thing is to do it, not when.

There is some research saying that for weight-loss working out in the morning on an empty stomach is the best, since it would continue to burn calories the rest of the day. As for me, casual to moderate weight training works on an empty stomach, intensive weight training and cardio doesn't. I still prefer to do it in the morning, having a snack before, since then I'm not gonna skip working out because of making up some excuse during the day or just procrastinate. But the more I work out, the more I find I end up doing it at any time of the day, simply because I want to.

IF you suffer from sleeping problems though it's not recommended to work out or in any way work yourself up physically or mentally for a few hours before bedtime.

16 Mar
Thankyou for the advise anna xx
16 Mar
You're welcome!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51