Be Who You Are

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
459 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 2:05am
via Android

First off, congratulations to each and every last one of you for having the courage the strength and the will to recognize and make positive changes to your life. (most of us) are here in search of like minded individuals who are also looking to make those improvements.
On this journey we will all at one time or another experience challenges that will test our minds, or bodies, and our will to continue our progress. Progress. All struggle is progress.
It is basic physics that all moving object create friction against an opposing force. We all feel the same way, we all face the same challenges; only not at the same time.
Many times the opposing force can come from the most unlikely , unexpected, and closest things and people to us. To place it bluntly; some people are just f****ing stupid. They will attempt to put you down and make you feel guilty for the things that they lack. This will soon snake it's way into our minds and our outlook on ourselves.
I beg all of you, when these situations occur...turn from them. Remember who you are. Remember what you are. No matter your level of fitness, or health, or strength remember you are strong. No matter what people say or how they try to make you feel, remember you are beautiful.
When we learn to change our perspective and see negative things in a different light; it is then we may be able to see the beauty in all things and situations. And ourselves. All situations and things contain beauty, but it is up to us to see it. Only when we recognize this and see things as they really are, then and only then can we make positive change when and where it needs to be made.
It is always easier to build upon beauty than it is to pretend it is not there and try to create it from scratch.
When people put down things about you, your body, your life, when you are doing what is positive for you, it is themselves they are truly hating and blaming their lack of perception of your choices on you.
Beauty is something you experience, not something you prove. No one can tell you what beauty is, only give you their perspective of it. Beauty is invisible, individual, and intangible.
So be who you are. Be beautiful. Be ripped. Have curves. Be a freak. Don't be anyone's ideal but your own. see yourself and love yourself at every stage in life. We need not seek anyone's approval but our own. Not influenced by any thing or any one outside of our own minds.

Peace my friends. You're beautiful.

16 Mar
Stay fabulous!
16 Mar
Exactly.
16 Mar
Stay Positive Stay Brave Stay Ambitious Stay Focused Stay Strong And most of all Stay True to Yourself and your Goals.
18 May
Wonderful God bless you
19 May
Thanks for writing this. It was really nice to read! Thank you!
Image_thumb
459 Posts
May 18, 2015 8:25pm
via Android

Image_thumb
23 Posts
May 18, 2015 9:04pm
via Android

Totally know how this goes. I live in a house of pessimistic, negative, gotta cut down or crush thoughts/ideas/dreams, unsupportive, closed minded everything has to be scientifically explained or physical can't look with and see the beauty in all things even smallest simplest things, @$$holes. They most they do is talk about what they're gonna whilst sitting on their asses whereas me if I say it I do it even if I'm slow to start, struggle or slow to finish. The struggle is real LOL. Oh, talking about the 2 men in my house, my kids are perfect. Now that I started eating right & exercising my next goal to add in to all this hopefully soon *drum roll please* ....to stop smoking. Which will be hard to break the 17 year habit. Give me strength!  Lol

18 May
You said it, that means you've already done it. Now to just convince your body to catch up
19 May
And you said "stop smoking", not "try to stop smoking". You're halfway there!
19 May
Didn't think of it that way. Thank you. Your wording encourages me more. I have "tried" over the past 5 years, this time it WILL happen.
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Jul 20, 2015 9:06am

Bump

Image_thumb
459 Posts
Aug 16, 2015 6:45pm
via Android

Double bump

16 Aug
I love finding stuff that was posted months ago and reading it to have it home right when I need to hear it. Lots of confusion in my life right now and soon decisions will have to be made. ....in all areas. Thanks my friend
Image_thumb
269 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 3:46am
via iOS
Bump
Image_thumb
269 Posts
Sep 2, 2015 9:47pm
via iOS
Crush it
Image_thumb
134 Posts
Sep 30, 2015 12:30am
via Android

Bump

Image_thumb
459 Posts
Oct 16, 2015 7:54am
via Android

Been awhile

Image_thumb
214 Posts
Apr 17, 2016 2:01pm
via Android

This.

Icon_missing_thumb
15 Posts
Apr 17, 2016 5:53pm
via Android

Thank you for taking the time to write this. You're awesome!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51