MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS: why you should do them!

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 19, 2015 8:55pm
via iOS

Because of its ability to work multiple muscle groups, the mountain climber exercise is associated with multiple benefits. Here are some of the most important ones.

1. Cardiovascular Benefits

Doing mountain climbers will make your body work to provide the tissues which are working with fuel and oxygen and because of this they will increase both your breathing and heart rates. The stress involved in this exercise helps develop the cardiovascular system by strengthening the heart and lungs in addition to burning calories. This is a great option to incorporate in a circuit workout, especially between strength training exercises which are less intense as they will help you keep your heart rate in the right zone.

2. Power Training

Mountain climbers help you develop power in the lower body because of their explosive nature and this is why athletes frequently use them as a warm-up to help improve speed as well as prepare the neuromuscular system for the intense workout that follows. When you do mountain climbers over time, you will experience an increase in the explosiveness of your lower body. If you want to use the exercise to help your quickness, try to remain on the balls and switch leg positions as fast as you can.

3. Core Strength

When doing mountain climbers your torso won’t sag towards the floor because of the work done by your obliques, abdominals and the muscles around your hips as they isometrically contract, holding your torso stable. If you want a bigger challenge for your core, try placing your hands on top of a medicine ball that is by your chest’s center.

19 Mar
Crap. This means I'm going to have to make them part of my torture routine.lol Thanks Scotty!
19 Mar
Lol Hadi! It's already part of tomorrow's pain! And burpees!! Uff duh!!
20 Mar
You're doing an amazing job Christa! :D
20 Mar
Great info. Thank you Scotty!
20 Mar
Ughhhhh dam u mountain climbers!!! Lol They are a great workout and hate to admit it........burpees too!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Image_thumb
138 Posts
Mar 20, 2015 1:59am
via Android

Thanks brother!!!

Image_thumb
134 Posts
Apr 20, 2015 11:32pm
via Android

I hate Mountain Climbers but this explanation really makes me realize why they are important. Maybe one day me and mountain climbers will have a love relationship.

Image_thumb
100 Posts
Apr 21, 2015 11:20am
via Android

I hate them too but do them..... Will do more now

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Jul 17, 2015 9:07pm
via Android

Bump

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Aug 9, 2015 1:03pm
via Android

Climb the mountain of bs posts

09 Aug
Image_thumb
166 Posts
Aug 9, 2015 2:59pm
via Android

I like using them in hiit workouts

09 Aug
I don't like them but I know they're a necessary evil.lol
Image_thumb
134 Posts
Sep 30, 2015 9:53pm
via Android

Up you go....

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51