XC training...?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 22, 2015 2:42pm
via iOS
So by next school year I would like to be in shape and ready for cross country. I have never done cross country and I don't know where to even start. Over the summer the team runs about 30 miles a week. Right now I can do about 10 if I push it. Any advice from any cross country runners or just runners in general? Also any food advice?
22 Mar
Always pave yourself while running then you once u get used to it then u can be able to push yourself more and more. I have done cross country 2014 for the first time and I did decent since it was my first year I'm now doing track but I am kinda injured so I can't do a whole lot of running but you NEED to pace yourself starting out. 1 last thing NEVER and I mean NEVER walk during a run. Hope you have a great XC season
Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Mar 22, 2015 3:39pm
via Android

Stay hydrated

Image_thumb
21 Posts
Mar 22, 2015 10:29pm
via Android

Yeah I also do Cross Country. Just do Jogging at the park and Sprinting aswell work on Cardio and always stay hydrated x. Have A lot of veg and meats leading up to Event time

22 Mar
Weights are good too, dumbbells and kettleballs ;)
22 Mar
Thanks for the advice :) just got out of a bad ending relationship and I'm ready to focus myself on something that makes me happy.
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Mar 22, 2015 10:36pm
via Android

Don't worry you need to just work on making yourself better but you are probably amazing anyway x

Image_thumb
21 Posts
Mar 22, 2015 10:40pm
via Android

Anytime you need advice I am here yeah x

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51