APRIL'S COMING - TIME TO BUILD SOME MUSCLE!!

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 27, 2015 4:36pm

So my shredding program is coming to an end soon and I've been thinking of what I can do to start building some muscle. I've been wanting to design a new program for a while now based on 2 very popular systems - Pyramid sets and Drop sets - Both are extremely demanding methods of weight-lifting so I'll be alternating between pyramids one week and drop-sets the next with varying rep/weight ranges & rest periods to keep my body guessing. Each workout will be no more than 45mins because of the intensity.

Anyone wanting to try this needs to have access to a gym coz it's pure muscle building with zero cardio in the workout (I'll be doing those seperately and will be doing 24 tababta rounds every day to keep dropping my bodyfat).

27 Mar
Hey...Scotty...you can't keep hogging all the bad ass workout plans yo. Hahaha
27 Mar
You can own the dragon flags DJ?! ; p
27 Mar
An honorable compromise. Deal struck my friend. I think may start my own program for these fine people as well when I start training to increase my maxs again. It's a good thing you do my friend. Keep it up.
27 Mar
Awesome ill follow your workouts. I'm always trying to gain more muscle.
28 Mar
Hi Scotty, how about if one is interested and do not have assess to the gym does that disqualify the person? Seeing that assess to the gym is requied?
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 27, 2015 4:43pm

Workout plan:

Monday: Legs and shoulders

Tuesday: Chest and back

Wednesday: Abs and cardio

Thursday: Arms/calves/traps

Friday: Legs and shoulders

Saturday: Abs and cardio

Sunday: REST

In the month of April I'll be hitting shoulders and legs twice because (1) I want to build mass in my legs and (2) Wide shoulders & bigger legs create the illusion of a thinner waist

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 27, 2015 5:12pm

PYRAMIDS:

On some days I'll be utilizing a 'Triangle Pyramid' method and on other days 'Descending or Ascending Pyramids' depending on the muscle group being worked. 

Triangle - Here’s where you combine the first two pyramids into one giant pyramid. The reps in the pyramid will look something like this: 16-12-8-4-8-12-16. The weight changes with each rep range i.e. the lower the rep, the higher the weight. The higher the rep, the shorter the rest i.e at 16 reps I'll be resting for 45 seconds. At 4 reps (with very high weight) the rest will be 90 seconds. 

DROP-SETS:

A drop set is the simple technique where you perform a set of any exercise to failure or just short of failure, then drop some weight and continue for more repetitions with the reduced poundage. By stripping off weight and continuing the set, you cumulatively recruit more and more “reserve” muscle fibers. Drop sets hit the “stubborn” muscle fibers “deep down,” causing growth that normally couldn’t be achieved by stopping after a single set of six to twelve.

Again the rep ranges will change depending on the muscle group and week i.e. some days I'll begin with the standard 'descending drop-set' where I'll do a rep of 12, then strip around 15% off and rep again and so on. Other days I'll do an ascending drop-set where I'll hit a low rep of 6-8 with heavy weight then jump straight into a 50 rep after stripping off 30-40% weight. 

The drop-sets differ from pyramids in that they don't have rests (unless I do a 'rest-pause' routine which is unlikely). With both routines complete fatigue is reached (particularly with the drop-sets). These kinds of routines should only be done for a limited period of time which is why I've chosen them for 1 month only. 

( I really can blabber along can't I ??!!!?!) 

27 Mar
I can't wait for April! I need to add mass to my legs. I'll be cursing you... And thanking you too ...
27 Mar
I wouldn't have it any other way Eunice!
31 Mar
I'll have to start next week, I have shoulders bursitis . My doctor said no shoulders exercise for 2-3 weeks. I'll see how I fill and decide when to start.
31 Mar
Listen to your Dr! Never mess with your shoulders
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Mar 27, 2015 5:16pm
via Android

I am so excited for this program, I was looking into a pyramid, and to boot shoulders and legs twice.....zing.....winning! LOL

27 Mar
Sounds brutal eh?!??! Lol! No way can this kinda program be maintained beyond a month though! We'd all be looking gooood but barely able to move!
27 Mar
No usually pyramid s are tough and ya what good is looking good if you can't move.....just saying....lol
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Mar 27, 2015 5:20pm
via Android

Is this starting next week or on April 6?

27 Mar
I'll create the initial workouts over the weekend. I'm starting on Monday coz I'm feeling strong ATM. Pull be able to access, use, modify etc from Monday ( I need to think of a program name!!!!). No one day will be the same because I'll be alternating between compound & isolation exercises again
27 Mar
Excellent maybe these next 3 days, I can do some full body workouts and get ready for Monday....Will totally be looking forward to this.....I say this now cause I might be not saying it so much later....lol
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Mar 27, 2015 5:30pm
via Android

Does Erin design AB Workouts, cause she should, her ABS are a females dream!

27 Mar
Yeah she does and there's never any rests!!
27 Mar
Is it on her profile?
27 Mar
Yeah in her created file. She's got amazing core strength and wipes the floor with me on ab workouts!
Image_thumb
116 Posts
Mar 27, 2015 7:08pm
via iOS
When I'm done with shredding is this something I should look into or will this make me gain weight?
27 Mar
It'll make you gain muscle and tone which 'may' put on a lb or two but you'll look leaner.
27 Mar
If other women do it you might wanna check with them how they look and feel by the time you've finished the sure maybe?
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Mar 28, 2015 11:08am

Looks like a plan mate.

I have been working on using slower reps to increase hypertrophy on my sets.  Slow downward phase and explosive up phase.

Time under contraction massively affects muscle tearing and ultimately building.  

Not sure how that would translate into your workout routine but thought it was worth mentioning cos its working for me!  I dropped to 182lb a few months back and I am back up to around 190lb now and looking slimmer than ever.

28 Mar
Love changing the rep speeds mate but it's too much of a pain in the ass to detail it in workouts. Great job body morphing
Image_thumb
139 Posts
Mar 28, 2015 5:14pm
via Android

Any help about how to lose the belly fat and have a fit and ripped body?

28 Mar
You could check out my "dare to shred" workout program in my created file. That'll show you the kind of stuff you can do to build muscle and shred fat
28 Mar
Man i love you!Thanks a lot! ;D
28 Mar
Haha you're welcome.
28 Mar
I hope to see my belly dissapear :)
28 Mar
Give it 4 weeks on hardcore training and clean eating and you'll see a big difference
Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 28, 2015 5:19pm
via Android

Wow

28 Mar
Bow Chicka?
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 12:51am
via iOS
Hi everyone!!!!
The first week's workouts are gonna be created tomorrow morning & I'll be starting a new topic to track the workouts if anyone has questions. 

The workouts will be called "POWER TRIP" (I was gonna call them "LIFT LIKE AN EGYPTIAN" but didn't wanna sound weird!!) 

I'll link the topic to this one tomorrow so people can track it. 

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 12:52pm
via iOS
I've created the topic to start tracking the workouts & info for each day 
Sorry but it won't link to this one!

It's called "power trip - Scotty k's 30 day muscle building program" 
(Not a very original title but it's early and I'm sore!) 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51