POWER TRIP - Scotty K's 60 day muscle building program

273 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 12:50pm
via iOS
This is the topic to track my "POWER TRIP" gym workouts & progress...
More info coming later!
18 Apr
8 I I e o
01 May
How are you diong
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 1:15pm
via iOS
The first workout has been created and is one which will form a fundamental part of the program and performed every week. 

It is brutal in it's simplicity and is made up of 2 parts:
(1) 10 sets of 3 reps - barbell deadlifts - people who check my workouts know I'm a big fan of heavy volume training. With this exercise you'll go max weight for 3 reps, rest for 30 secs and hit it again for 10 sets (it's tough!!!!)
(2) then it's into barbell squats/shoulder press triangle pyramid which I trial ran on Friday. It hurts!!!!!! The weight changes in each set as you descend then ascend back up. 

This workout is only 35mins long with plenty of rests because this is all about shifting heavy iron - log your weight coz you'll be doing this every week to ensure you have a solid strength base for the other workouts
30 Mar
Forgot to mention, the workouts won't all be as boring as this one!! This is the core strength & mass builder for your shoulders and legs : )
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 2:25pm
via Android

This looks good Scotty! Can't wait to to do this program!
I can see me adjusting weight to see where I am at for lifting in the high reps! Thanks for doing this, your efforts of putting this together is greatly appreciated and I know it takes alot of work putting a program together!
Your hard work does not go unnoticed!
Now if only people who start forum topics would see this!
Have a great Monday!

30 Mar
You're welcome Dawna. I tend to go for weight which will fatigue me by the time I'm 70-80% through the reps e.g on the 30 reps I wanna hit fatigue by the time I'm into the 20's. That way I know I'm pushing my limits : )
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 2:33pm
via iOS
Sorry peeps, I forgot to mention......

You need to be hitting fatigue on ALL the reps (even the reps of 3). This day is meant to really push you and rip your muscle fibers to shreds! 

Really go for it on day one. This program starts with a bang not a whimper!! 
Image_thumb
252 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 2:41pm
via iOS
I'm not a heavy ass lifter but here's what I did 

Started with deadlifts 90lbs 

Whooo but switched after that stayed with 
50lbs 2-25's !! 
Was sweating and cursing still!! 
30 Mar
Have a great day!! Go HeavyAssLifting!!
30 Mar
Ok I have a stupid question. How do you post a picture on here? mine just go to my photos.....lol
30 Mar
Dawna, click on reply an there should be a 'link to' option at the top. It doesn't work on the computer though, I use my iPhone
30 Mar
And no-one can lift any more than their body is used to Jessica so any weight is amazing as long as you're pushing your body to it's limit : )
30 Mar
Dawna my galaxy didn't have that option either but with my new iPhone it does!!
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 3:03pm
via iOS
End of March update- the abs were coming along nicely but I totally went off the rails over the last few days with my diet. It's amazing how quickly I can pack it back on!! Really need to get better with my diet this coming month
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 3:09pm
via Android

I am on my sumsung S5 and on the linked to has is......workout, program, created workout,  liked workout, no other options.....

30 Mar
Well that sucks! stooooopid Samsung! ; p
30 Mar
Hahahaha oh well.....not that important....just keep it in my pics!
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 3:58pm
via iOS
NUTRITION
Okay, so my diet plan went off the edge of a cliff over the last week. 70% of the time I are healthy but we had a lot of evenings eating out so I really let myself down and could've looked a lot better at the end of the shred than I do. 
My nutrition plan for April will be
50% protein 
35% carbs
15% fats 
2800 calories (my maintenance calories are 3100ish).
I'm sticking to a high protein plan for another month.
31 Mar
Yes you am.
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 4:27pm
via Android

I am on a higher protein also for April, my carbs are abit lower and fats up abit! Carbs make me fluffy......lol

30 Mar
Carbs make me fluffy as well which is why I'm gonna be doing HIIT 5 days a week as well : )
30 Mar
(Can you tell I'm gonna be pushing myself even harder this month?!)
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 6:29pm
via iOS
Sorry! Forgot to mention something else!! I didn't incorporate any kind of warm-up into the workouts. Please make sure you warm-up first !!!!!
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 7:12pm
via Android

Hey Scotty Is Day 2 completed 5 mins? I like to write everything down so I know what I am doing.....lol

30 Mar
You wish! I'm creating it but needed to charge my phone
30 Mar
I thought something was ùp.....lol
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 9:28pm
via iOS
I'll be finishing off day 2 and creating day 3 tonight 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 9:29pm
via iOS
DAY 1 done!
270lb deadlift wiped me out!! Hoping to hit 300lbs by week 4.
That's a brutally simple workout to build a solid foundation running down from your shoulders, through your spine & down to your feet!!!! 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 12:20am
via iOS
Bit of info on day 2.....
So it's created and broken down into 3 parts:
(1) An ascending pyramid using 2 old-school moves for building size, then into a descending pyramid again using 2 old-school moves - I've adopted different rep schemes to hit various muscle fibers 
(2) cable crossover clusters - the method using this style is to choose a weight and do as many as you can in the time allotted. If you fatigue, pause for 5secs and hit it again. You'll see that there are different times for the sets and rests so you can totally fatigue out. 
(3) Svend press - there's a full description of this move in the exercise and you'll be surprised how this'll really finish your chest off. 
You'll see that there's extra work on the chest in day 2 and that's because you hit the deadlifts today 

You'll be grinding out the numbers again and the workouts will get more interesting (I promise!) this is just building the foundation to really hit the exercises later in the program
Image_thumb
138 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 1:26am
via Android

Scotty bro..and all those trying this program..all the best for it.. Have fun..:)

31 Mar
Painful fun!!
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 1:52am
via Android

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 3:57am
via Android

Just finished Day 1. I used 20-30 lb barbells Haha. Scotty your 270 lbs makes me feel bad even mentioning my weights. Oh Well, Haha. Excited for Day 2, this is gonna be fun!

31 Mar
Haha, we've all gotta start somewhere! I expect ya to lift heavier next Monday though ; p
31 Mar
Oh but I must! :)
31 Mar
Great job!!!
Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 31, 2015 10:43am
via Android

Hi, I was just wondering what you would recommend instead of cable crossovers?

31 Mar
I'm gonna do dumbbell flyes And on incline bench
31 Mar
Thanks are you just going to use the same timings?
31 Mar
Yes when ever it says do cable crossovers I'll do dumbbell flyes
31 Mar
Whenever you come across an exercise you can't do just make sure you do a substitute that works the same body part & stick to the principle if the move I.e a cluster set or pyramid & the rests
Image_thumb
252 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 10:43am
via iOS
I did Quick Sexy Stems and 
Later when I can Turn Up my music I'll do day 2 !! Have a healthy and active day everyone! 
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 12:01pm
via Android

You could even do dumbbell cross overs!

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 2:10pm
via iOS
So how is everyone feeling this morning?

My lower back is tight but I'm not as bad as I thought I would be. Surprising how our body adapts to constant stress!! 

Today's workout is gonna rip that upper body up again, particularly the chest (please don't do the dumbbell chest press on the floor like in the video!). I'm hitting the gym twice today for a double session. My workout this morning then I'll see how I feel later and might do some steady state or sprints. 

Have a strong day! Session one is in a few hours 
31 Mar
I am not feeling to bad. Feeling it in the shoulders and abit in the legs! See what the rest of the day brings me.....lol I do alot of up and down the stairs at work, so see if I can move at lunch.....lol WOW energy hitting it twice at the gym....I wish by the time I get home from work, workout, make dinner, do dishes, shower, I am lucky to have a hour to sit down and than it starts all over again....lol Happy Lifting!
31 Mar
Hi Scotty! I have to wait couple weeks to start because a have bursitis on my shoulders.I hope to start soon.
31 Mar
Just take it easy Eunice, the workouts will all be created and aren't going anywhere & I'll be around to help you if needed
01 Apr
Thanks !
Image_thumb
252 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 2:25pm
via iOS
Ok bout to Get It In!! Go BeastMode!! 
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 6:13pm
via iOS
DAY 2 done!
Prepare to burn your wings & chesticles!!!!

100lb dumbbells for the heavy weight, dropping 15lbs each set. I was down to lifting 30 & 20's by the inclines! Exhausted! 
31 Mar
That's what I have been doing on my breaks, trying to figure out what weight I should be using! It's so different when your doing pyramids what I used before might not be the same for this program cause your fatiguing yourself! BTW good job!
31 Mar
I chose 100lbs to start with which was spot on. If I felt I wasn't fatiguing I just slowed the tempo down on some if the other reps. That works!
31 Mar
Can I just add as well... If anyone's back was a little stiff this morning wait until you've finished this day! My back is locked up & I badly need a hot bath & foam roll later!
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 6:25pm
via iOS
My 'before' photo post-chest & back workout. 
Aiming for much better ab definition (not hard seeing as I've got none right now!), wider lats and a more tapered 'V'

I don't ask for much!!! 
31 Mar
You don't even look bad Scotty!
31 Mar
I look a helluva lot better than I did 2 years ago! : )
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 10:57pm
via Android

Just finished day two, barely.

31 Mar
You still finished it though! I could say that it gets easier as the days pass..... But it really doesn't! Tomorrow is more 'relaxed' though
31 Mar
Well thank God for that. :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51