9 WAYS TO CUT WATER WEIGHT

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 7:50pm

Sometimes, no matter what you do, you can't get those abs to appear or you feel lumpy and fluffy! Here's a few things that might apply from an article I read today:

(1) An almost guaranteed way to store extra water is by having a diet high in sodium. The more sodium you intake, the more water your body will hold. Be sure to read nutrition labels and avoid foods that are high in sodium such as processed foods like soups, canned foods, frozen meals, seasonings, and condiments.

(2) It may be counterintuitive, but you can avoid water retention by increasing the amount of water you drink. The body needs water to flush out our cells, and if the body isn’t getting enough, it will store water until it gets enough. Providing your body with a sufficient amount of water will allow it to perform optimally.

(3) As we know, sweat is simply water that’s stored in the body. If you have excess water weight, working out hard and sweating will help shed it. Keep in mind that the weight will come back as soon as you rehydrate. With that being said, it's a good method to use if you have an event coming up and need to shed a little weight.

(4) Creatine is a common supplement for those that want to add size to their frame -- and it’s great for that. Creatine pulls water into the muscle, which increases protein synthesis. While taking creatine, you can expect water weight gain from two to four pounds. If you want to look shredded, you might want to stop taking it at least a week prior.

(5) Alcohol is dehydrating -- that may sound like a good thing. However, if your body is dehydrated due to alcohol consumption, it’s more prone to hold onto water from any other source to try and compensate for fluid loss. It’s best to avoid alcohol of any sort if you want well-defined muscles, especially if you’re prepping for an event. You’re better off to save the alcohol consumption for after the event.

(6) A little known fact is that asparagus are a natural diuretic. They’re also a great source of fiber as well as vitamins A, C, E and K. When preparing these, make sure you skip adding salt or salted butter.

(7) Cranberry juice is a natural diuretic that will not only flush excess water from your body, but toxins as well. Try to opt for cranberry juice concentrate versus cranberry juice cocktail to avoid unnecessary added sugar.

(8) Lack of certain micronutrients such as vitamin B1 and B6 can lead to unwanted water weight.

(9) Dandelion is an herb that has properties that can increase urine production, which makes it a natural diuretic. It also helps remove excess toxins from your blood and supports liver function

31 Mar
Thank you Scotty. Saved this post. :D
31 Mar
you're welcome. If you aren't fussed about the taste trying knocking up a gallon of water with 4 dandelion root bags (health stores and Sainsburys sell them), 2 cups of cranberry juice and 2 sliced lemons. Drink that every day for 5-7 days and it'll flush your system out and knock off 4-7lbs of water weight in a week. I do it from time to time. Don't do it all the time though just occasionally
31 Mar
Need to check whether it affects kidneys. Only have one so always super paranoid. ^^ If not, I'm definitely going to try this. :D
31 Mar
That makes sense!!! (Unless you're talking about the cheesecake in which case I think you're totally fine!)
31 Mar
Nuuuuuu....that cheesecake is already made and in my tummy!lol :P About the drink. I tend to check before to make sure all cool. ^^
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 8:07pm

And this one is for you Hadi...... The calories and macro information is at the bottom....

Nutella Cheesecake

You will love this incredibly delicious Nutella Cheesecake recipe. It's simple to prepare, and full of distinct and memorable chocolate-y flavor.

Prep: 5 mins Cook: 1 hour 20 mins Total: 1 hour 25 mins
Ingredients:
Crust Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups finely-ground chocolate cookies or chocolate graham crackers
  • 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
  • 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
Filling Ingredients:
  • 1 3/4 pounds (3 1/2 eight-ounce packages) cream cheese, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup Nutella
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 9 ounces gianduja or semi-sweet chocolate, melted (**see tip below for melting instructions**)
  • 2 eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
  • 8 ounces Nutella
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
Directions:
To Make The Crust:

Preheat oven to 375ºF and grease the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan

Mix together the cookie crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a springform pan, going up the side of the pan no more than 1/4 inch. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove and let cool. Decrease oven temperature to 325ºF

To Make The Filling:

Meanwhile, in a stand mixer, cream the cream cheese and Nutella on medium speed until smooth. Add the sugar and continue mixing until there are no lumps. Add the vanilla extract and heavy cream and stir until combined. Add the melted chocolate and mix together. Add the eggs and yolks one at a time; mix each in before adding the next.

Wrap two layers of aluminum foil around the sides of the springform pan so that it is completely sealed. Pour the cheesecake filling into the pan on top of the cooled crust. Bake in a water bath for 60-75 minutes. The outer edges should be set and the center will still jiggle slightly when you move it. (The cake continues cooking after it’s removed from the oven.) Cool for 30 minutes, then remove the springform rim. Cool completely, then place into the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, overnight is best.

To Make The Nutella Ganache:

Heat over low heat or a double boiler the Nutella and cream until the mixture has become one. Cool for about 15 minutes (it should be easy to spread but not runny) and spread onto the cooled cheesecake, or use a pastry bag or fork to drizzle the ganache on top.

CALORIES - who gives a crap, it's NUTELLA CHEESECAKE!??!?!?!

MACROS - (see above)

31 Mar
Scotty, you are my hero! I nearly ate my mobile... *_*
01 Apr
Sounds bomb! I am making it this week haha
26 Jul
Sounds amazing . Drool :-)
Image_thumb
159 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 8:24pm
via Android

I feelz fluffy. I'm gonna eat dandelions :)

31 Mar
Make sure you don't add salt
31 Mar
Great info :)
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 1:20am
via Android

I would like to add creatine monohydrate does draw in water and that much is proven but whoever is taking it should also research how to properly cycle it. Also another form of creatine is creatine hydrochloride or hcl as you might see it on labels. And creatine hcl has been proven to draw in less water so that's another option for those who want to still use creatine while trying to look as shredded as possible.

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 1:33am
via Android

Hi i thought u might know.im so fricken confused.Okay to tell u my situation im in muly late 30s 61.1 kilos.I have never ever worked out or watched what i ate let alone look at the nutritional label on.the product.I have 2 questions  firstly i havent lost any actual weight for a whole mth it hasnt gone up either.I decided to start working out around 4-5 mths & counting the calories for only 2 weeks keeping a food diary.I do certain workouts on Youtube & i have had awesome results my clothes are too big & lots of compliments.I do around six 15 min workouts on abs mostly but arms,shoulders,legs too.My passion is to get ripped abs so i started contracting my abs in the excercise & sweating completing tiring my whole body.Do i keep going doung the same workouts cause its worked so far.I have increased the reps but not the weight.I don't use a gym membership i have weights & ab circle pro thingy mat & yoga ball.Do u know why i haven't kept loosing weight its stayed stagnet do u know why.I don't know if this works heathy food & regular excerises everyday?

01 Apr
Melinda, it's likely that you are either eating at maintenance or your macros are too high in carbohydrates. Depending on how many calories you're eating in a day I would try changing one of these for a few weeks to see if you get any change in results. Don't stop your exercising. Adjust your diet and macronutrients to suit your activity.
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Jul 19, 2015 5:18am
via Android

Bump

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jul 24, 2015 3:28am
via Android

Bump

Image_thumb
136 Posts
Feb 1, 2016 5:19pm
via Android

I'll just say....bump.

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Feb 4, 2016 1:00pm
via iOS
Bump!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51