A little running problem

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 5:56pm
via iOS
Today I did 2 miles in a half an hour which is okay for a beginner but then I started feeling intense pain in my lower right abdominal muscle and I want to know how to prevent that for next time. Does anyone else feel this and what do you do for it?
01 Apr
Hot showe after running.. Ice massage for pain calves and legs muscle.. Keep moving the ice. Moreover.. Rest next day.. And warm up for 5 min walking and stretch before running.. Cool down for 5 min too in the end.. Don't kill urself running.. Challenge yourself reasonably.. Until you be more fit
02 Apr
I did the icing massage and now I'm doing the shower, thanks!
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 6:40pm
via iOS
Sounds like a cramp. Its pretty usual for a begginer! Next time, slow down a little bit, put your hand above where it hurts and breathe slowly through your nose then release through your mouth.
01 Apr
That's what I was doing but it just seemed to get worse. But I figure the more I run the less it will hurt right?
01 Apr
Exactly-I run for around 3-4 years and I get any cramps very very seldom. Hang in there xx
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 9:39pm
via iOS
In Portugal we call it "dor de burro" wich basically translates to "pain of the dumbass"... It happens when you're not warmed up, that's why it happens in the beginning. Try to jog for 2 minutes and increase ur heart rate before you actually run.
02 Apr
I was warmed up. I always warm up before I do anything
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 10:09pm

Deep breathly frequently. If you have to pant, slow down. Breathe through your mouth and try to get a good rhythm.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51