A passage that I think of often when in difficulty.

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Apr 5, 2015 5:36pm
via Android

“Sometimes fate is like a small sandstorm that keeps changing directions. You change direction but the sandstorm chases you. You turn again, but the storm adjusts. Over and over you play this out, like some ominous dance with death just before dawn. Why? Because this storm isn't something that blew in from far away, something that has nothing to do with you. This storm is you. Something inside of you. So all you can do is give in to it, step right inside the storm, closing your eyes and plugging up your ears so the sand doesn't get in, and walk through it, step by step. There's no sun there, no moon, no direction, no sense of time. Just fine white sand swirling up into the sky like pulverized bones. That's the kind of sandstorm you need to imagine.

An you really will have to make it through that violent, metaphysical, symbolic storm. No matter how metaphysical or symbolic it might be, make no mistake about it: it will cut through flesh like a thousand razor blades. People will bleed there, and you will bleed too. Hot, red blood. You'll catch that blood in your hands, your own blood and the blood of others.

And once the storm is over you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about.”
Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

05 Apr
Wow these are strong words...Thanks for sharing!
05 Apr
My pleasure Matthias. :)
23 Mar
Just made some screen shots so I can read this like daily. Beautiful passage truly!
23 Mar
It is my constant 'go to' passage too
Image_thumb
159 Posts
Apr 5, 2015 7:35pm
via Android

O my gosh. I wish there was a way to save this. Well it's certainly left an imprint in my mind. Just profound Hadi. Thank you for sharing this. 
These storms inside us :) must be confronted. 
Thank you! !

05 Apr
So true Pinky. It's one of my favourites. Happy you liked it. Whenever I get to a negative state of mind I read this. It helps me. :)
05 Apr
It's so deep
Image_thumb
82 Posts
Apr 5, 2015 9:15pm
via Android

Well, that's some true stuff right there... Especially the part about when it's over, you don't know how you got through it. But you just do though, don't you? And sometimes they seem small, sometimes they seem too big to overcome, yet we're all still here and going forwards.
That's signs of some immense strength inside each and every one of us.

Really, that was a very nice read hadi! Thank you so much!

05 Apr
My pleasure Janna. :)
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Apr 6, 2015 5:18am
via Android

Reminds me of an old wisdom,  though it's not said as wonderful:
We have to repeat our fails over and over until we accept and are ready to learn and grow. First we have to accept, then to change our actions. We get on a higher level:)

06 Apr
Absolutely Heiko. I believe that we have the tools to change our circumstances by first changing ourselves. We all face choices on a daily basis. Even when we think we have no control, we actually do. I believe you need to look inside before you can improve your life on the outside. :)
06 Apr
Absolutely agree!!
Image_thumb
138 Posts
Apr 7, 2015 6:40am
via Android

That was beautifully written!! Liked it. Thanks for sharing Hadi..:)

07 Apr
You're very welcome my dear friend. :)
Image_thumb
214 Posts
Nov 8, 2015 12:25pm
via Android

Bump :)

08 Nov
thanks Hadi for sharing and Mihaela for bumping,the moment is perfect…
06 Dec
Thanks Hadi for sharing.I really neef that.
23 Mar
You guys are welcome. Thanks you dear Miha. This passage always manages to calm me.
Image_thumb
214 Posts
Mar 22, 2016 10:54am
via Android

Again.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51