Lack of energy

2 posts | Original | Recent
22 Posts
Apr 6, 2015 9:01pm
via Android

I consume quite a bit of protein daily and get as much sleep as I possibly can but some days, like today, I have very little energy and doing 20+ burpees completely wipes me out. On a good day, I can still only do the burpees and a very short workout. If it were up to me, I would do killer workouts everyday but unfortunately, my body just won't let me. It's times like this that I feel like I will never meet my goals.

06 Apr
Try upping your carbs. I find the lower my carb intake is ,the more sluggish, unenergetic ,and unmotivated I am.
06 Apr
Agree with D.J. And don't worry: we've all been through loads of this phases. Better times will come. Just keep on movin'
06 Apr
If I up my carbs, won't that cause massive weight gain??? Then I'll have a brand new problem.
06 Apr
Increase your fruit intake...fruits are energy boosters :)
06 Apr
Actually not. Keep an eye on your overall intake compared to your basic metabolic ratio. And in the end you don't have to increase your carbs alot: try with a 10% increase and see what's happening
1657 Posts
Apr 6, 2015 11:15pm
via iOS
There's the topic that Matthias mentioned.

Also, don't be so hard on yourself! You're busy looking after your kids + 20 burpees would wipe most people out! 

Carbs don't pack on weight, bad carbs & bad fats pack on weight. High protein helps you pack on muscle but if you do it at the expense of carbs you'll find that you'll get lethargic & sleepy. 

A simple split would be 40% protein, 40% carbs & 20% fats. An absolutely essential element is to have a healthy breakfast made up of all elements which will kickstart every day.
For most people I'd recommend scrambled eggs (1 egg + 4 egg whites) & some oatmeal with fruit & soy milk. 

If you need any help let me know.  
06 Apr
Thx bro - wish I could link topics, not just workouts from within the app
06 Apr
No worries : )
06 Apr
Thanks, Scotty! I appreciate your encouragement. And thank you Matthias for your input as well.
06 Apr
You're welcome

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51