**HOME VERSION** Scotty K's "DARE TO SHRED" 30 day program

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Apr 9, 2015 4:31pm
via iOS
I've had quite a few people asking me if they can do this program at home - to help I'm going to give you suggested exercises to replace the weight elements for each day

10 Apr
Yaaaaaayyyy!!!!!! Thanks Scotty.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Apr 9, 2015 4:40pm

DAY ONE - replace the 3 reps of barbell squats with 3 jumping squats (holding weights if you have any)...... Replace the barbell shoulder press with dolphin push-ups... do normal lunges instead of dumbbell lunges..... replace the alternating dumbbell press with big forward and backward arm circles...

STICK TO THE OTHER SECTIONS

DAY TWO - replace the dumbbell bench press with wide arm push-ups (5-8 reps).... replace the dumbbell bent over rows with bent over flys using some kind of weight (doesn't have to be much weight)..... replace the alternating incline dumbbell bench press and seated cable rows with renegade push-ps (do as many as you can in each round).... For the kettlebell or dumbbell swings use some kind of weight

STICK TO THE OTHER SECTIONS

***** does this make sense to those who have been asking for help on this program at home?? If it does I'll continue to offer alternative exercise options ******

REPLACING THE EXERCISES AND WEIGHTS WITH THESE ALTERNATIVES WILL HAVE A DIFFERENT EFFECT ON YOUR BODY. IT'S LIKELY THAT YOU WILL BURN THE SAME, IF NOT MORE FAT, AND LOSE MORE WEIGHT BUT YOU WILL NOT BUILD UP OR MAINTAIN AS MUCH MUSCLE

09 Apr
Thank u soo much! This looks good and should be very helpful. I plan on buying some dumbbells but until then I will be doing these alternatives.
09 Apr
that's good, I'll add the full week's options now for you and others and then next week I'll do the others if you stick to the program.
09 Apr
Stick to it?? I'm going to start today!! I'm excited!! I will probably change that after all the soreness I will experience but I like that kind of pain. Lol
09 Apr
that's great to hear!
10 Apr
I need to get a bench so I can do the lift variations with my weights. Keep the alternatives coming plz :-)
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Apr 9, 2015 4:52pm

DAY THREE - this is abs & cardio day so do anything you like but make sure you aim to do at least 30mins of HIIT

DAY FOUR - You can do the bicep curls with any kind of weight that you have available in the home. Do as many as you can in the time allocated..... Replace the tricep extensions with tricep push-ups..... replace the barbell calf raises with standing calf raises without weight..... replace the dumbbell shrugs with uppercuts

DAY FIVE - Replace the leg extensions with lunges.... You can do the lateral and front lateral raises with any kind of weight you have in the home. Do as many as you can in the time allotted..... Replace the leg curls with butt kickers.... You can do the car drivers holding a large plate or disc of some kind.

DAY SIX - this is abs & cardio day so do anything you like but make sure you aim to do at least 30mins of HIIT

DAY SEVEN - active rest day

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Apr 9, 2015 4:58pm

ANYONE WANTING ALTERNATIVE EXERCISE OPTIONS FOR WEEK 2 PLEASE ADD A COMMENT ON HERE NEXT WEEK & I'LL TYPE THEM UP.

THANKS FOR CARING & SHARING : )

NOW GET THE FIRST WEEK DONE!!

09 Apr
One last question. My rest day is usually Sunday's. So I have been working out everyday since then. Should I start the Shred today and not have another rest day for 7 days? What do u think?
09 Apr
I'd recommend you do day's 1, 2 & 3 from today then begin the program again on Monday. That way you are helping your muscular enduarance and getting used to the cardio sections before they really start to kick ass from week 2
Image_thumb
134 Posts
Apr 16, 2015 1:44am
via Android

SK's Dare To Shred - DAY 3
12 Pack!!
All-Out Abs
HIIT THOSE STEPS*Sk this is no joke! Definitely just whooped my butt!

16 Apr
Kicking your own butt is the best feeling in the world!
16 Apr
It feels good now that I'm done and cooled down. That HIIT those steps is no joke!
16 Apr
Don't be surprised if you are very fatigued tomorrow. Get some carbs in your body & you'll be fine. You're doing an amazing job so far. Don't stop now you've gained some momentum
16 Apr
Yea it is kind of late to be working out but idc I wanted to get it done. I'm not missing any days. I will let u know how I feel tmrw LOL I know my shoulders are killing me right now! Thank u for the motivation! I truly appreciate it!!!! :-)
16 Apr
Sterling you're doing amazing!! You're gonna hit a point soon where your body is gonna say " screw this!! I'm exhausted!!!!" Make sure you ignore that pansy ass body of yours and push through the pain barrier. After that this'll get easier, the soreness will be replaced by a general feeling of tiredness but you will lurrrrrrve the fact your body will begin to change. One thing though!! No bitching until the 15th or 16th day! That's how long it will take for your body to give up and start burning fat.. Eat as clean as you can. You owe...
Image_thumb
134 Posts
Apr 16, 2015 11:21pm
via Android

SK's Dare To Shred - DAY 4
45MINS OF TOE-CURLING, LIFE SUCKING, BOREDOM
I honestly don't know how I just did all that! Almost 2 hours!! I'm so proud of myself!

16 Apr
I'm proud of you too!!!
16 Apr
Thank u! That mean alot to me!!
17 Apr
I'm proud of anyone who is prepared to push their body past the limit they wanna set themselves. Keep kicking ass!
Image_thumb
134 Posts
Apr 20, 2015 11:28pm
via Android

SK's Dare To Shred - DAY 5
Post Workout Stretches
I'm few days off in Shred but I will catch up this week. Yesterday I did manual labor mixing concrete and moving concrete blocks so I'm beat today. But that was a great workout in itself. Even the muscle in my hands hurt.

20 Apr
Let me know if and when you want replacement exercises as you go along
20 Apr
Yes I do want replacement excersize for week 2 of Shred because I planned to be all caught up and back on the right day this week. Beast mode!! I just read ur post on losing scale weight. That was great. I want to build muscle to burn the fat not just be thin. I can feel the inches I have lost already just with this first week.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51