Cheat Days! Yay or Nay?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 13, 2015 6:52pm
via Android

Hey guys, question. Cheat days, what are your thoughts of them? I have tried them in the past and end up overeating. Now that being said, I am a binge or compulsive eater I can't just have three cookies I would end up eating the entire box. this is the number one thing I am looking to change for my lifestyle. So cheat days right now with me beginning this new lifestyle change kind of freaks me out. Maybe if I keep away from cheat days and sweet things for however long it takes to build a habit, (I've read it takes 21 days) so the new way I eat becomes my norm. I could indulge sometimes on the things that I like but in moderation? Any thoughts on this topic? Any advice would be helpful thank you :-)

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 13, 2015 7:09pm
via Android

Instead of giving yourself a cheat day where you can eat anything that day allow yourself one sweet per day for instance, one cookie a day and start your diet this way. Instead of buying an entire carton of cookies, that you know you'll indulge in go out and buy your treats individually. As you progress gradually wean yourself off the sweets one day at a time. If you only have one its easier to tell yourself your not going back to the store for another one than it is to tell yourself you can't have another one while your looking at an entire package of them.

13 Apr
I like this. Thanks for the advice.
14 Apr
I tried cheat days and I'm the same way, binge eater extreme, so that day would leave me totally bloated and sort of unmotivated for the next workout. With that being said, I have been trying a cheat meal, usually something I've been craving all week and I reward myself with PIZZA usually, and so far so good. Good luck figuring out what works for you :)
14 Apr
Thanks
Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Apr 14, 2015 12:19am
via Android

Nay

Image_thumb
65 Posts
Apr 14, 2015 3:07am
via Android

It's okay, just limit yourself to how much you cheat.  Try to keep under 3000 calories

2014-07-25-01-00-40_thumb
1 Post
Apr 14, 2015 9:55am
via Android

Cheat days don't work for me! I end up giving up my healthy eating after a cheat. What's working for me is making my own healthy alternatives to naughty foods. Www.thesecretsquirrel.com and www.eatgoodforlife.com have some amazing healthy recipes for deceivingly healthy snacks. Bonus...you're not even cheating when you eat it!

15 Apr
That's the problem I have too. So I think this will help me. Thank you
Image_thumb
1 Post
Apr 14, 2015 10:14am
via iOS
Hi, what works best for me is to choose one day a week (say saturday) on which I allow myself one treat of choosing. For instance some crisps or a biscuit, never both!
Image_thumb
95 Posts
Apr 15, 2015 2:10am
via iOS
Days, no

Meals, yes, but only occasionally 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51