Lose 20 fast

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 16, 2015 6:49am
via Android

I have a vacation and prom coming up, prom is in 4 weeks and the vacation is in about 10 weeks I want to lose 20 pounds in the next month I am 5'6 and weigh 170lb, any tips will help

Image_thumb
1 Post
Apr 16, 2015 6:55am
via Android

The only way I see this possible is doing intense work outs, eating great, and doing a lot of outside activities

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Apr 16, 2015 8:34am
via Android

Two pounds a week is not very extreme, but you're going for way over double that.

Either way, even if you lost ten pounds in a month, I'm sure you'd notice, & definitely be happier than if it were zero, so...

You gotta be committed. Track your calories. Set up myfitnesspal. It takes some getting used to. Ideally you'd have more than a month to dial things in... But....  Just eat tons of vegetables, plenty of clean protein (like no hot dogs or chicken nuggets) & way less carbs.  Carbs aren't necessarily bad, but it's just much more easy to go over your daily caloric needs with carbs.

Eggs, tuna, veggies veggies veggies, plain yogurt (no sugar) with a few blueberries. Nuts & seeds. Cottage cheese. Vegetables. Water. Some fruit. Chicken. I eat a lot of canned salmon. Veggies veggies veggies. I take two containers full of chopped cucumbers and carrots (plus whatever other veggie I've got, often broccoli or green pepper) to work every day. Sprinkled with a little seasoned salt sometimes. 

Cut most, if not all, liquid calories. Besides vegetable smoothies and protein shakes (&even protein shakes are often overkill if you're not pushing yourself in workouts) you should not be drinking any calories. Water water water.

Look up "ketogenic diet" for one way. I ate lots of nuts & healthy fats, cut way down on carbs, lost a good bit of weight.

Either way, just exercise whenever you get a chance, like squats to fill a minute here, jumping jacks when you have another minute there... And track your calories. Once you see where your calories are coming from in food, it gets easier to plan to make the most out of those calories. You will end up craving food that energizes you with nutrition rather than the quick fix of sugars & empty carbs.

Your goal of twenty in a month is unrealistic and would probably be very unpleasant and make you hell to be around. But you can still make a very big difference if you remain committed.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51