Depression and workout

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 17, 2015 11:09am
via Android

Hey guys! I just wanted to share my lack of motivation some days . The reason is that I'm going through a depression with some anxiety. I would like to know if there's someone else here that is going through the same so he/she could tell me how to motivate in the hard days. Thank you so much

17 Apr
I have severe depression and anxiety! You're not alone. Trying to motivate yourself some days is not easy but keep I mind that I know how you feel and so do may other people and remember how you want to look! Keep that image in your head xxx
17 Apr
Here too. I try not to let it define me on the days it gets the better. Some days the exercising actually helps! I try and keep the image in mind of how I want to look as well. I also have a ton of 'motivation' quotes all over my workout space as I do everything at home.
17 Apr
I'm at present in this phase:knowing that exercise is good for me,but can't make myself exercising..nasty:(
17 Apr
My dad just passed away so im feeling very sad but i just watch YOUTUBE and it motivates me.i have a home gym so i have hot bodies everywhere plastered on my walls . remember how bad u want this u don't want all this work go to waste im no quitter.look im very depressed atm the key is to not force yourself cause if its no longer enjoyable u wont keep doing it . when im really grieving or depressed i think about what i do have my health my family a home cars i begin to realize there's...
17 Apr
I've gone through that my whole life and I still do. But I noticed over the years exercising helps I feel happier and calm sometimes too sore to even remember why I was so sad. But u can't refugee yourself in that you have to get help.
Image_thumb
196 Posts
Apr 17, 2015 12:46pm
via Android

I definitely know what you're going through! My life goes in cycles, extreme highs and extreme lows, and I've dealt with it on my own my entire life, no medication, therapy etc. What I've learned to do in those times is get introspective, sometimes it's helpful to have another person to vent to, but to really think, realistically, where I'm really at, in relationship to where I'm trying to go. Knowing that I go through these cycles, and accepting that is what makes me who I am has helped a lot too, because I can reason with myself understanding that this is normal for me, maybe not everyone, but it is who I am, and while others can take it or leave it, I take it every time.

The short version of all of this, IS be comfortable with yourself and take the time to work through it, and find ways to learn about yourself through it. And if there is someone that you trust and that cares, invite them to come along for the ride!

Image_thumb
215 Posts
Apr 17, 2015 3:51pm

Listen Melisa, I will take you by the hand and you will move your sweet ass off from the sofa. We will do a fast walk or slow run,  for 30-60minutes. Don't think, don't ask, just take on your shoes now and get up.

START NOW

Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 20, 2015 1:55pm
via Android

I once weighed over 210 not sure the exact # I hate scales still do I hated the idea of exercise then one day I said to myself it might not make much difference but I will make one tiny step toward my goal if only so I don't feel bad about myself today. the next day I did the same thing and the day after. I started with just eating mor veggies then moved on an on I when I started exercise I only did a few minutes and added on. Well its been twelve years I don't weigh 210 I weigh about 137 or so my resting heart rate is about 54 which means I'm pretty fit I also got the chance to work with others towards their goals. My advice do something today even if it doesn't do much if only so you can feel good about yourself then repeat again and againI have depression too focus on keeping on there are going to be bad days its your ability to get up and try again that makes you a success. I promise u can do it its a simple math equation.

Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 20, 2015 1:57pm
via Android

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51