Disappointed ...

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
100 Posts
Apr 19, 2015 11:23am
via Android

I can't see results.... Am training at least 5days a week.... 2hours a day but no weight loss.. No change.... Just my ability and strength is better for long intense workouts.... That's all...

19 Apr
Maybe you're doing it wrong
19 Apr
Weight loss 70% depends on your diet. Another 30%, is workout. If you focusing on weight loss, you should focus more on your diet.
19 Apr
Download my fitness pal. Record ur aim there (like i wanna lose 5lbs) record what u eat then let the app calculate how much u should eat, count the calories u take and draw ur limits.. at the end of the day do workouts until u spent the all calories over the limit. Scientific rule hun.. spend more calories than u get.. Maybe u get more calories than u spend..
19 Apr
OK..... I will give it a try
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Apr 19, 2015 11:33am
via Android

You might be over training try changing your routine HIIT tabata cardio acceleration.  Also the amount of time try 30-45 min 5-6 days a week

19 Apr
I don't know.... U can tell from my daily workouts it's not over....
19 Apr
I'm training regularly since November....I don't eat much but I do eat fatty foods
19 Apr
Lol last comment was for Patrick M....^_^
19 Apr
Oh i just saw this since November comment, well in that case i would say you need to change something & that is most likely your diet since you have only mentioned exercise here. Try myfitnesspal. It takes some work to get into the groove with it, but you can learn a lot about your habits and end up making some small changes that make a big difference.
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Apr 19, 2015 11:39am
via Android

How many weeks have you been doing this?  Do you see no change in the mirror? Going only by what the scale says is rather foolish.

What are your eating habits like? You could run a marathon and eat all the calories back in like one big mac, the point of which being that it's very difficult to exercise enough to compensate for bad eating.

Muscle weighs more than fat per volume, so you're likely gaining muscle, which is great.

Don't worry so much about the scale. Results really do come from perseverance.

19 Apr
Ah.... I can c some muscles lol But friends and ppl say u r doing hard but we can't c progress :( BTW
19 Apr
Once again, it depends on how long you've been at it. Other people don't notice results for MONTHS... There are so many possible reasons for what you are saying. You could be training 'wrong' but also you could simply be impatient & getting frustrated too soon. Two hours a day sounds like a lot, but it all depends on what you are actually doing. I'm sure you don't mean you're one of those people walking on a treadmill & taking breaks to post about it to Facebook but your intensity level matters. Even more than that, however, is what you...
20 Apr
OK...... I need diet....
Image_thumb
171 Posts
Apr 19, 2015 10:08pm
via Android

Definitely second myfitnesspal. I'm not big but I'm only now really starting to see a difference in the fat on my body. I also wanna point out that's it's possible to eat too little as wel, that can make your body go into starvation mode and it won't let go of the fat. That's still my problem really, eating enough every day.. it's hard when you eat as healthy and clean as you can.

19 Apr
As well*
19 Apr
"Starvation mode," the way you are talking about it here, is basically a myth.
20 Apr
Hmmm yes, could be. Sounds kinda stupid when you think about it, lol. I tend to be quite sceptical, but I hear this all the time so I guess I just believed in it.
20 Apr
Lots of people throw the term around & if we hear something enough it makes a certain kind of sense if you don't stop to ask yourself, & do a Google search. "Starvation mode" actually exists but it happens to actual starving people & it doesn't prevent weight loss the way people always imply it does.
Image_thumb
99 Posts
Apr 20, 2015 6:40am
via Android

Try doing a photo diary. Thats what im starting to do because the scales dont show anything. Maybe your body is just toning up and taking its time. It is very disappointing.  I feel your pain :(

20 Apr
Yes sister it is..
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Apr 20, 2015 8:41am
via Android

Photo diary taking full body pics from front, back and side once a month, at the same day of your menstrual cycle every time, wearing the same clothes. Measuring waist, chest and hips once a week, always the same day and time of day (I recommend Fridays, since we tend to eat more during the weekend and you might be your slimmest right before the weekend, and in the morning before you eat and drink). I also measure upper thigh and upper arm. I haven't weighed myself at all, because the scale is a useless indicator of size and health.

As for your family and friends saying they don't see any change: you don't see subtle changes in someone you see everyday. Go to my profile and look at my pics from February 27th. Neither me nor my fiance had noticed any change before we saw the pictures. We were both amazed by my progress.

As for the working out part, it's actually not recommended to work out that much. 45 minutes to an hour is what's usually advised. Focus on HIIT workouts and weight training. Look up Anita O's post "The best ab exercise EVER that no one does". It explains why high intensity training is your best bet. Good luck!

20 Apr
Also, look up Scotty K's topics "What "morph" are you" and "Want to lose or gain weight".
20 Apr
Yes dear that photo idea seems very good.... I hate scales :))) And for the workout time.... 20m jogging then an hour exercising 20m streching it's almost 1.40 and nothing much done.... If u get what I mean!!
20 Apr
Great information Anna :)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Apr 20, 2015 8:53am
via Android

You have to enjoy what you're doing and results will come on its own.You also have to be patient
Please ensure you are doing the right exercise for your body type, you have to burn fat and not use up glucose instead.

Image_thumb
65 Posts
Apr 20, 2015 1:05pm

MyFitnessPal, definitely. I can work out all I want but I love food so much that I rarely see results. I know it can be incredibly discouraging when you work so hard and see nothing. Try going vegitarian (or Vegan if your strong enough!) for 2 days a week and start monitoring your calorie intake. . . Don't give up!!!

20 Apr
I wish I am strong..... Will give it a try.... Thank u :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51