Boredom Eating

1 post | Original | Recent
1 Post
Apr 20, 2015 9:02pm
via Android

I have done a couple of work outs today since the weather is nice and I have motivation and felt really good, but now I am just sat watching TV and started pigging out, sometimes I think I eat just to eat you know?

Like my body can't tell the difference between boredom and hunger so it just goes for food

I need to change my relationship with food if I am going to do this healthy living thing.

I want to live and eat healthily and I would ideally like to get a flat toned muscly stomach hahaha.

20 Apr
Yeah I know what you mean. I have a similar problem :)
20 Apr
Honestly what I did was eberytime I went too I was like oh man your really gonna regret it if you were hungry your tummy would be rumbling slightly so no you don't need food. A good idea is too eat every four hours ok? Three meals and then healthy snakes in between x
20 Apr
Lots of people have the same problem. Instead of snacking on junk food, try fruits and vegetables. Celery (which I eat a lot of!) is a good choice- tasty but also made up mostly of water so you won't feel guilty or delay your progress! If you find it really hard to resist the junk food, trying buying only healthy foods (fruit, veggies etc) so next time you won't have any junk food in your pantry to cheat on!
21 Apr
I am exactly the same. It is hard to kick this habit.
21 Apr
What are your cravings or go-to snacks? Try nuts! I love unhealthy snacks so what I did was compromise. I now make my own trail mix. Almonds, cashews, dried bananas, dark chocolate chips, raisins, and craisins. Sometimes I'll throw in some unsweetened coconut. Is not the healthiest substitute but world's better than junk food! Also, drink lots of water! Helps trick your stomach into thinking it is more full than it really is!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51