If you do something for 21 days in a row it is said that it becomes a habit

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 24, 2015 4:49am
via Android

I am on day 3 of my workouts.. My goal is to tone my body from head to toe! How do I keep the drive to keep going? Ahh! When it hurts, I give up.

24 Apr
I always try to stay focused and think about how i will look after these workouts :)
25 Apr
No pain no gain. Personally, I love the pain because it means you are getting better and doing something right! Every workout, bit of pain and soreness is helping you achieve your goals- focus on that while working out.
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Apr 24, 2015 3:34pm

Yes and no. What they know is, that after doing something for 3 weeks, nerve tracks have built and got stronger. So if you do something for 21 days, there is a big chance to build a habit. It's also helpful to doit same time and between two already existing habits.

But habits also can be built after one time (drugs, something which cause big pain or joy...) or never. It depends on how your emotions are involved. It would be too much to explain everything now.

Icon_missing_thumb
11 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 5:17am

After 21 days, first complete 40 days. I've heard after forty days it becomes a habit. Try to find a workout buddy to keep you motivated and on track. If you don't find one, at least keep posting here your progress. We'll motivated you. Best of luck, you're doing amazing  :)

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 7:17am
via Android

21 days to create a habit, 3 months an addiction. Whenever you find yourself looking for excuses as why you shouldn't workout on that day lie to yourself and say "I'm just going to do something light today, just so I don't lose the habit" guarantee it'll be the best workout.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51