Longer lasting burn?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Apr 27, 2015 3:45pm
via Android

Especially during ab exercises, I feel like I'm doing great and getting a great workout. But after a few minutes or so, I don't feel that awesome tightness anymore. I love the feeling and wish it would work longer, but I'm not entirely sure how. My coworker says to push myself harder, but I already feel like I try my best. What do you do to get that great feeling to last longer?

27 Apr
Your coworker could be right, maybe your muscles have adapted to the training and your pump doesn't last as long as it used to ..maybe add an extra exercise or 2 or more reps/sets just try mixing it up a bit and not do the same thing for longer than 4-6weeks and don't forget that rest is important too
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Apr 27, 2015 5:12pm
via Android

Cool, I'll give that a shot. We'll see if I can't get that pump working a little better. Thanks.

Image_thumb
159 Posts
May 4, 2015 8:07am
via Android

Try adding weights to your ab workout.  Don't do endless crunches. The burn isn't always a sign you're making muscles stronger, that's why pumps don't last once the lactic acid has gone.

I suggest YouTube this video called 'how to get visible abs' , can't somehow remember the trainers name. And abs with cable machine/resistance band.
Let me know how it goes :)

Image_thumb
382 Posts
May 4, 2015 8:23am
via Android

I agree with Pinky. Especially crunches are actually quite useless for building abs and core. Try burpees and sprinting. I find that doing push-ups really works my core too, after doing a push-up fitness test the whole front of my upper body was sore for a week. I'm having the same problem, while working my abs I feel a satisfying burn, the next day nothing. My opinion is that abs are one of the hardest body parts to work until you've got absolutely nothing more to give. The only times I get that satisfying feeling like after leg day (mmmm) is when I do push-ups, burpees and planks until I almost faint.

Image_thumb
99 Posts
May 4, 2015 10:01am
via Android

I usually dont feel anything until the next day thats when i know if I've worked out hard enough.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51