You need MOTIVation?

49 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
215 Posts
Apr 28, 2015 8:58am

Come closer... I grab into my big bag and pour some motivation above you. Together we count... 1... 2... 3.

Did it work? Do you feel nothing can stop you now? Are you full of energy, passion and the will to move your ass now?
Oh... I can see you looking at me with your big sad eyes. Well, you're not alone. I tell you a secret - this never works! (If it did, message me lol.. you would be the first one).

NOBODY CAN MOTIVATE YOU!

Motivation is something which is INSIDE you. It's coming from you, not to you. If you ask to be motivated, it just means you don't know your WHY! It also means, you don't want to be responsible for your actions.

But you have to. You are the one who is making decisions, no matter if you say "YES" or "NO". Even if you say "maybe" or just wait, it's a decision. The bad side of it - it's on you to do something. Nobody can do it for you. The good side - nobody dictates about you. You are independent. You are the one who decides. You are THE ONE!

You're still reading? Good. Cause I have a few tips which help you, finding your WHY. And to motivate yourself.

Our brain and our body are marvels. They are perfect. Wonderful. Amazing. There is just one problem - we don't get the instruction manual when we are born and grow. And though we are living in the 21st century, both still have an old software. Don't misunderstood - they have an old, but still working and effective software.

Our brain is always looking for two things:
Avoid pain - look for fun

It's the simplest and also best program. It's always working. We just have to use it.

Ask yourself, WHY do I want to do something?
We all have so many different reasons. Maybe lose weight, maybe gain. Maybe for a better health, maybe to avoid illness. Maybe to recover, maybe to prevent. Maybe to be inperfect shape, maybe to wear that special bikini - not just boys, also girls can have this wish;-)
Maybe you want to prove something - to yourself or to your parents, friends, teacher, the idiot from neighbourhood.
Maybe you want to be part of a group like Skimble.

1. Step: Find your WHY
2. Step: Write it down! Do it. It's so important if you need motivationt: WRITE DOWN YOUR REASONS
3. Step: Write it NOW. WRITE IT NOW!!! NOW
4. Step: No matter if you have just one or 14 reasons. Check, if it's to avoid pain or to look for fun (if you are not sure, pm me, I'll help you)
5. Step: Take a minute and think about every single reason. Why do you want to achieve it?
- Why do you want to lose weight? Why do you want to wear that bikini? Why do you want to have abs like steel?
- What happens if you don't achieve it? What is the´worst if you fail?
6. Step: Write again. Make a paper for every goal: Describe your goal in positive words: Don't say "I want to lose 10kg/pound. Say "My weight is...." Describe it, as if it's NOW, the presence. How it will be when you finished.
7. Step: - Imagine how it feels, when you fail. Make a really bad scene. Feel the pain of losing with all your emotions... then
- Imagine your goal, as if you already had achieved it: How do you feel? What do you (or other people) say? Feel the happiness, all the positive emotions. ENJOY THIS MOMENT

And NOW get up and do something. START something, which will make you TO be proud, happy and to FEEL GOOD

Always remember: Winning comes from Beginning

I know you feel really bad if you now are lazy. This pain is eating you. It hurts. It's awful. Don't let it happen. Be active. Love it. Use the 3P Have passion, pleasure and positive emotions.
To experience the 3L: Live, Love, Laugh

Get up NOW

28 Apr
Love this Heiko!!
28 Apr
Great Amber:)
28 Apr
I think everyone's motivations are different its up to the individual for me its seeing the results in the mirror & having a healthy lifestyle forever i plastered hot bodies all over my home gym room . find anything u love for me its dancing then set a routine fo 4 it . always stretch & educate yourself on all facets of nutrition cause they go hand in hand excerise & eating. Turn the tunes up favorites of course then just dance!!!
19 May
Love this so true. I enjoy exercising it makes me feel good about myself. Like i've achieved something, it's my passion. I love this app because there's lots of people who love exercise like me and i don't know anyone that is into exercising . So this is excellent and the help and support is amazing :-D thank u xxxxxxx
19 May
Also getting to make friends and know lots of people from all over the world :-)
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Apr 28, 2015 9:11am
via Android

For me it's just fun, fun, fun! My whole life revolves around having fun and feeling good. Luckily, I find trying my own limits fun and I don't mind pain at all. The downside is I want fun NOW which also leads to making not-so-good decisions in the moment.

Icon_missing_thumb
11 Posts
Apr 28, 2015 10:13am

Very nice post heiko, I would say that you can use the smilar rules to achieve anything in your life. Thanks for sharing. 

28 Apr
Yes Sylvia. This is a general rule and not only for workouts. We can generalize, when they see it's working for us in one thing, we're able to transfer it to other things.
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Apr 28, 2015 5:29pm
via Android

Hahaa heiko this is a great post. But you know there will still be another 500000 people posting a topic on how to get motivated. 

28 Apr
Really? You don't believe, these posts will stop now? Oh hell, now I need motivation;)
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Apr 28, 2015 6:00pm
via Android

I need to get motivated! HELP!

28 Apr
Lol.. *pour some motivation above you*
Image_thumb
269 Posts
Apr 30, 2015 11:41am
via iOS
Needs a boost! To the top!!

Can I get a Roar!!! ;)
30 Apr
Roarrrrr
05 May
Roar!!
19 Mar
ROAR!!!:-D
Image_thumb
334 Posts
May 1, 2015 6:40am
via Android

Boosting again!!! This needs to be up top for as long as possible!

Icon_missing_thumb
55 Posts
May 1, 2015 12:39pm
via Android

Needed this..thx

01 May
Image_thumb
459 Posts
May 1, 2015 1:43pm
via Android

This.
Sir, how have you put everything I've ever said or will say into one post?
I stand and applaud all teary eyed and sh.t lol.

02 May
Thanks, I appreciate your praise a lot. Motivation, health incl mental health and everything that's about our mind and subconscious is a hobby (and part of my job) for more than 25 years now. I tried to give an essence of it
Image_thumb
214 Posts
May 2, 2015 9:27pm
via Android

Ima be like Hadi and bump this up

Image_thumb
269 Posts
May 4, 2015 6:37pm
via iOS
Bump, bump, bump it up!
Image_thumb
215 Posts
May 5, 2015 3:55pm

The grass is always greener on the other side. 

The new bf of your friend gives her much more attention than your bf does, the other people have a much more exciting life, the meal you didn’t choose must be much more delicious. Do you know this?
The reason is our brain (more detailed, it’s because of dopamine). If something is new, all is exciting, interesting and worth to pay attention. If we have done something a few times, it gets trivial, daily. Because we’re experiencing it daily. For this reason, we remember a lot of things we see for the first time much better than the things we see every day. Are you ready for a little experiment?

You need a watch. If you have one, don’t look at it now!!! Imagine your watch – how does it look? Are there numbers or just dots? If there are numbers, how do they look? Which colour does it have? Imagine it as good as possible. Do it.

Did you? Ok, now look at it and check if you were right. Have you been right? Or couldn’t you imagine it? Didn’t you have any idea? When I have done this experiment, in about 65% didn’t know the right answer – though everyone is looking at it several times a day. Funny, isn’t it?!

Did you? Ok. Now tell me what time it is. Oh – you don’t know? Congrats. You are one of 90% who don’t know it.

Our brain is like our body. Always trying to save energy. It just bears important things in mind. Unfortunately there can (and often is) a difference in things we WANT to keep in our mind and WHAT our brain actually keeps.

Now let’s have a look to our neighbour. Look at this wonderful green grass. It’s different. It’s new. It’s interesting.  So it’s important for our brain. Do you know what’s funny? For our neighbour, it’s not new. Do you know what this means? … yes, you’re right. And I tell you a secret: He has to mow it too!

This phenomenon is called Coolidge-effect. Named after president Calvin Coolidge (1872–1933)

The Coolidge-effect
The term comes from an old joke according to which President Calvin Coolidge and his wife were at a government farm one day and were taken around on separate tours. Mrs. Coolidge, passing the chicken pens, inquired of a supervisor whether the lone rooster was sufficient, given the many hens in the chicken flock.
"Yes", the man said, "the rooster works very hard."
Mrs. Coolidge then asked, "Really? The rooster works very hard? Every day?"
"Oh, yes," the man said. "Dozens of times a day."
"Interesting!" Mrs. Coolidge replied, "Be sure to tell that to the President!"

Some time later the President, passing the same pens, was told about the roosters - and about his wife's remark. "Same hen every time?", he asked. "Oh, no, a different one each time," the supervisor replied. "Tell that," Coolidge said with a sly nod, "to Mrs. Coolidge."

How can this be helpful?
- If you need motivation, look for new ways HOW you’re doing the things you do
- Break the routines
- Change the perspective
- Do your workouts in a different time
- Add new exercises, train other muscle groups, change the sequence of your exercises

Check your WHY again, your mission, your goals. Are they still active? Maybe you get bored cause you have lost your goals or even have achieved them? Why did you start? Why do you want to continue?

Oh, just a little thing to think about… if our brain likes new things and gets easily bored with older things, what about sex with just one partner? I think now you know what to do to keep it interesting;-)

08 May
In other words, mix up your routine! Don't do the same exercise everyday or you will hit a rut, like my current one, and not want to work out. I had to add my two cents
15 May
You're always welcome to add your 2 cents Christa:)
Image_thumb
269 Posts
May 13, 2015 3:29am
via iOS
Bump to the top!
Image_thumb
334 Posts
May 14, 2015 7:34pm
via Android

Time to BUMP up again!

Image_thumb
65 Posts
May 15, 2015 7:12pm

Ah Heiko! You give the best advice!

15 May
Thanks Jackie:)
Image_thumb
269 Posts
May 16, 2015 12:25pm
via iOS
Bump to the top! It's raining, again. Yesterday was cool but nice-ish. I should have mowed! Jungle on my lawn lol and the back is almost as yellow as it is green!
16 May
Lol:))
Image_thumb
334 Posts
May 16, 2015 5:31pm
via Android

Should I have salad or broccoli with my chicken? Someone please help!

16 May
I'm having chicken and broccoli as I'm writing this lol
16 May
I kbew my choice was wrong....sigh! I had chicken and salad!! How do I get abs by next Wednesday at 7:46pm? I also need to have my workouts and diet organized. Could you help Jovon???? *@_@*
16 May
Hehehehe
17 May
Hadi... ur hilarious :-)
17 May
Image_thumb
214 Posts
May 17, 2015 12:00am
via Android

Bump Bump Bump!!

Image_thumb
269 Posts
May 18, 2015 1:47am
via iOS
BUMP! It's freaking Snowing!! Not shitting you it's been 50 all day and taking, then switched to sleet! They are saying 3-6 inches! WTF??!!
18 May
Send some cool this way haha I can't stand this close to 90 weather
Image_thumb
23 Posts
May 18, 2015 5:55am
via Android

Have you ever watched or read the book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne? This sounds a lot like the law of attraction.

18 May
Yes, I've read this and much more about it. And though I believe in it, motivation is different imo. LAT is about getting what you want and things that happen. Motivation is more the inner trigger, which gives you energy to do something. Of course there are some cut surfaces between both.
Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
May 18, 2015 11:57am
via Android

Hi all I think motivation is like an internal quest it maybe a bit spiritual or deep or not but its like having a conversation with an old friend which happens to be you and only you can figure out what will work for you. I think sometimes not always when we listen to others or have other people's words in your heads we lose sight of ourselves and find it difficult to find our own way thus losing our why something is important to us if it even is important to us.    For me the feeling of having achieved something and being proud of my efforts, feeling free to act and feel good is a great motivator

18 May
You're right, we have to know and keep our own why. I never will tell you what you have to do or what I would do - I just give food for thoughts, so you can find your own way. The best (and imo only) motivation is your own one.
19 May
I agree it does come from within, but I think working and speaking others can help you find that inter
19 May
Jonny, of course it's ok to listen to other people. I understand Tara that she means, we have to find our own way - this can happen, while talking or listening to other to get new insights.
Icon_missing_thumb
55 Posts
May 19, 2015 4:34am
via Android

Internal drive.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 19, 2015 4:44am
via Android

You are just what I needed! Great post.

19 May
You're welcome:)
Image_thumb
269 Posts
May 19, 2015 5:38pm
via iOS
Bump again! More people need to see this! Hehe
Image_thumb
334 Posts
May 23, 2015 9:21am
via Android

B
U
M
P

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51