Sick feeling

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Apr 29, 2015 12:52am
via Android

Last night after working out I began drinking my protein shake and started feeling extremely sick. I did barely eat anything because one of my fillings in my teeth fell out... do you think the combination of not eating very much and then working out could make me sick? Also im extremely sore and have continued to push myself through it, could I have pushed my body too hard? My shake had peanut butter, soy protein, almond milk, non fat plain Greek yogurt, banana, and apple in it. I added the fruits due to the fact that I had not ate and its easier at the moment to drink my meals.

29 Apr
I decided to take today to rest but I'm still feeling really awful!
29 Apr
I've never experienced that, but next time eat a banana before you work out, and then you can do a shake after.
Image_thumb
43 Posts
Apr 29, 2015 1:54am
via Android

Amber, I can only speak from personal experience but yes, if you hadn't eaten all day then that could make you feel sick after working out.  Though I workout in the morning before eating anything and very seldom feel sick.  The even more important thing is to make sure you stay well hydrated all day.  Feeling light headed and nauseous usually goes along with being dehydrated.

29 Apr
I don't think I was dehydrated as I mainly only drink water but it is possible because I have found myself slacking a little bit in the water drinking department today.
Image_thumb
39 Posts
Apr 29, 2015 3:04am
via Android

As much as I hate to say it but you are abusing your body. You have to eat small nutritious foods if you want to lose weight. I am not an expert or dietician but it's plain to see your own body is telling you something is wrong. If you don't eat, you run the risk of getting ulcers, anemia and anorexia.

Love yourself and respect your body. Eat more often.

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Apr 29, 2015 5:53am
via Android

Im sorry but Im going to have to disagree here. Its what you ate. Not when you ate it. Peanut butter, Plus banana, plus greek yogurt and your protien mix? NOT GOOD! Trust me on this. I drink just my plain protien shake and thats all i have all day becase Im not hungry - do NOT eat if you NOT hungry. Its not abuse its logic. Peanut butter is extremely filling. So is banana, you basically forced your stomach to expand rapidly. And the yogurt with the almond milk will ferment. You were feeling sick coz you ate too much. Try instead to jus have your shake mix with water and some berries. Thats it. Any more will make you sick.

29 Apr
This is probably what happened, I did feel really full, and probably shouldn't mix fruits like that in my shake considering soy protein digests really slowly
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Apr 29, 2015 5:53am
via Android

Barley eating anything and not eating anything at all are 2 very different things. If you are sick after working out and are fairly new to the fitness world it's kind of normal tbh. I mean, think about it. Your not dead, you didn't go to the e.r. you didn't faint. So don't worry about it. Should you eat better on a regular basis, yes definitely.  And also, I still puke after my workouts from time to time, it's all about breaking plateaus.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51