So my legs and I are having a disagreement. ...

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 30, 2015 6:29pm
via Android

I would like to add running into my workout regimen. I tried to do that this morning and my legs rebelled. I did my 34 minute cardio walk warm up and then wanted to run a little. I ran for only about 5 minutes before my legs started burning, knees and ankles started hurting, etc. I didn't even run enough to get winded! Is it my shoes? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a special way to add running into your workout routine? I would like for my legs and I to be on the same page here....

30 Apr
It will take a while for ur muscles to get used to it. Also is cardio so good for ur heart and good for stamina too that takes a while . Try walking briskly (fast) then jog for few minutes and walk again etc . :-)
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Apr 30, 2015 7:03pm
via Android

Yeah at first everything is going to hurt. Your using muscles that you didn't use before. You can try wrapping your knees and ankles. Or buy compression sleeves. I have a compression sleeve for my knee, I have used and abused it through out the years. Here is a link, I suggest you read it. http://www.reddit.com/r/running/wiki/faq#wiki_for_beginners

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51