Loss of a pet

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
93 Posts
May 6, 2015 12:54am
via Android

Hey everyone, I realize this is not a workout related question but my baby budgie died last night from a bacterial infection and im a complete mess. I found him this morning and have been crying on/off all day. Is this normal to be so upset? He was my first pet i loved him so much. Is it a sign of depression to cry so much its only been since this morning.
Hes the little guy in profile pic

06 May
I'm sorry to hear that. It's perfectly normal to cry at the loss of a loved pet. This time last year my toy poodle passed away, he was ran over by a car and I cried off and on for a month. It's true that time will heal it. Just distract yourself with work or working out.
Image_thumb
385 Posts
May 6, 2015 3:12am
via Android

Perfectly normal...its called grieving not depression!

Sorry for your loss!

06 May
Thank you
Image_thumb
382 Posts
May 6, 2015 8:33am
via Android

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's completely normal to be sad. Our pets become family members and dear friends and losing them is sad and upsetting. I cried so many times when one of my cats decided to move to another family, and then I cried again when they called me a couple of years later to tell me he had a stroke and was no longer with us. It's been many years since but I can still feel sad about it now and then.

Let your tears out, acknowledge your feelings and cherish the memory of your little friend. In time the sadness will become easier to handle. Big hugs to you.

06 May
Im sorry for your loss aswell. I just loved him so much such a sweet little bird
Image_thumb
56 Posts
May 6, 2015 4:37pm
via Android

I'm very sorry for you, I know how it feels.
Of course it's ok to cry and it's not a sign of Depression. You're sad because of this loss so it's just normal to cry. Believe me, it will get better after some time.

I don't know if this helps you know but when my cat died I thought something like "At least he's at a better place now and that I'll see him again in 'heaven'."

Image_thumb
93 Posts
May 6, 2015 6:41pm
via Android

Thank you everyone for the support, I cried more yesterday than I have in my whole life. The grieving process is so hard. I went back to work today that actually helped to get out of house and I think im going to workout later too.thank u everyone

Image_thumb
93 Posts
May 6, 2015 6:43pm
via Android

Thank you. I have to clean out his cage going to be hard. He had a red swing his favourite i took it out of the cage and cried again.

Image_thumb
86 Posts
May 7, 2015 2:54am
via Android

oh man i know the feeling.....pets become apart of our lives so quickly! they work their way into our heart and become our world!

when i first got my puppy, i had her for about 10 days until she got super sick and had to be hospitalized. i was a complete wreck.

just try to get through it, be strong and take it easy!(eat all the ice cream you need)

08 May
Thank you. Its true he become a big part of my world for such a little guy. So sweet and affectionate for a bird. I hardly ate the day it happened but Im getting better. Time heals all.wounds they say.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51