3rd Shift Motivation

6 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
May 6, 2015 8:14am
via Android

I currently have 60lbs left to lose to be at my goal weight. I work 3rd shift so it's hard to manage working out, family, and sleep. I already walk 30 min to work and 30 min home. Is there anyone who works similar hours that has managed to make weight loss work for them? Really need help and motivation.

821 Posts
May 6, 2015 8:29am
via Android

I work all 3 shifts every week. But if that's not motivation enough read this article

2 Posts
May 6, 2015 8:42am
via Android

I applaud what she does and that she can accomplish it. But I also have 2 children at home to take care of. Which means I get less sleep, less energy, and less time than what she does.

45 Posts
May 6, 2015 9:03am
via Android

I work at 2 am every night besides Saturday night and Sunday night. I don't have kids but I have a dog lol. I have been working out a few hours before work when I would normally be asleep although this has taken a toll on me. It only takes about 15 minutes a day to get a good workout. Maybe try doing it before you would normally shower. That way you're not adding an extra shower to your day plus the working out.

1 Post
May 6, 2015 9:55am
via Android

I work 3rd shift and I find myself doing short burst of workouts during my downtime. Keep up the good work you can do it.

211 Posts
May 6, 2015 3:44pm

I work 3 shifts in a rotating system since almost 30 years. Losing weight is not the problem! It's not so easy to handle everything (job, housework, kids, spouse) for you, so you have to focus on what you can do.
Walking to work is good - what about running? If you can't do workouts 4 or 5 times a week, you have to focus on HIT and HIIT training. It's enough to workout 2-3 times a week - the rest is your nutrition.
Eat clean and healthy, less carbs and fat, (little) more protein. Many vegetables, salads, fruits and water/tea or some coffee.

Read my post about motivation http://www.skimble.com/forums/2-motivation-support/topics/34628-you-need-motivation?page=1#posts-209000

Wishing you all the best:)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51