Motivation help

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
May 7, 2015 3:42pm
via Android

I need help with keeping my motivation. I try to workout at least 3 days a week but I work full time, goto school full time and have my family life. Its just really hard to stay on track. Any ideas on what I can do?

07 May
Find a 6 minutes lapse in your day when you can do a short workout, and tell your family to remember you, set an alarm, keep in mind your goals,
07 May
If you can't find the time to get active then make your daily life more active! While doing the dishes, do calf raises, while sitting at a desk studying, do arm circles until you cant hold your arms up anymore! Carry your laundry up and down the stairs a few extra times. Make it a challenge to look at your daily life and figure out how you can make your everyday activities more active :) Spend family time going for evening walks, stand while you study, etc etc!
07 May
Do some hiit workouts.... Plenty on here that are 6-12 minutes long. Just give it everything you've got for those few minutes and the effect will be as good if not better than any longer aerobic workout! It works for me when I lack motivation because I think 'it's not long, just get it done!!' Good luck!
Image_thumb
12 Posts
May 7, 2015 5:34pm
Thanks for the ideas hopefully I will get with the program here soon :)
Image_thumb
7 Posts
May 7, 2015 5:45pm
via Android

Takes practice, I'm still learning myself how to make exercise a part of my life. Just think, if you're on here just thinking about the challenges you face and looking to resolve them then you're already moving towards a healthier lifestyle :D You could have opted to do something that was less productive in your life! That sounds like a win to me!

Image_thumb
8 Posts
May 7, 2015 6:04pm
via Android

Working out or even getting fit requires a goal. Something you can work towards and obtain. Motivation draws from wanting that goal. And when it becomes hard, the strength you have to push yourself is where motivation comes from. Best of luck!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51