I need help

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 10, 2015 10:34am
via Android

Okay, this is going to be a longer post so if you're willing to help please keep reading :) about a year and a half ago i started working out. I was always pretty thin and i wanted to gain some muscle. This lasted for about six months. The results were showing and it was all going well. Then one day, as i was going through some motivational pictures online i saw a few pictures of victoria's secret models. You can already guess where this is leading. I was stupid enough to want to become like them so i started to eat less. And less. My calorie intake dropped from 2500 cals a day to 800. And that lasted for 6 months. I lost too much weight and weighed 98lbs (44.5kg). Btw i'm 166cm tall. I had less energy, i was even depressed, it was awful. I finally realised that what i was doing was terribly wrong and stopped with practicaly starving myself. I started eating normal but i also stopped working out. Now i weigh 106lbs (48kg) and i want to gain some muscle and definition. I need help with my nutrition and workout plan. I have time to workout about 3-5 times a week. I know that what i did was stupid so please don't comment anything rude. Thank you :)

10 May
Add one more motto to ur way: EAT & BEAT
10 May
Renee, congratulations on looking to get onto a track to better health. I'm not a medical professional, so I check with a physician before making major changes. My doctor said to follow what the US government health site of the CDC recommends for nutrition and exercise. My recommendation is to stay active but not over- exercise and to eat healthily while you regain that weight. The current recommendation for a balanced diet is 50% carbs, 30% fat, and 20% protein. The carbs should be vegetables, fruits and whole grains. The fats should be primarily non-saturated. Their exercise recommendation is 150...
10 May
Wow Sharon...thtz qt elaborate....bt hw does one ensure tht d food tht we take fit into d requirement percentage....itz dffclt to calculate in take espclly whn u dnt eat packed food
10 May
See post below, Mr bald :-)
10 May
I have been through similar. Know how u feel when i was about 23 early 20's after i had my son i started not eating much and purging to . I got down to 7 stone 12 lbs dunno what that is in pounds . For me at 5ft 5 that's too low of a weight . Struggled with bulima for about 15 years on and off . Get really down sometimes and stressed . So glad ur getting better :-)
Image_thumb
19 Posts
May 10, 2015 10:46am
via Android

N remember....EAT IT TO BEAT IT

10 May
N i thnk before u cm around the workout part....u shd reach ground 0 by attaining d weight right for your height
Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 10, 2015 10:48am
via Android

Thank you :)

Image_thumb
52 Posts
May 10, 2015 1:14pm
via Android

Serious, long questions deserve thoughtful answers? :-)
To know if the diet is a healthful one,  a person can use one of the many apps to construct a healthy eating program that satisfies the macros and micros. After we oldsters had to use the "look it up in the book" method for years, the Internet caught up and several online programs were developed. After  trying several, I ended up choosing Myfitnesspal. There are others that are excellent. The program also helps me gauge what the daily calorie count should be based on age, gender, and so on. I log every food, all exercise such as skimble and tennis, and linked the app to my step counter. Each day I check my macros and micros and make adjustments so the nutrition stays on track for good health. What a body needs in calories as it ages is different than what it required years ago, but the general macros and micros don't change much except if we're trying to build muscle, or if we must adjust for illness.
:insert desired emoticon here:

Image_thumb
19 Posts
May 10, 2015 1:18pm
via Android

Gosh....lovely....i am dazed...to digest so mch of info along sd the food i have. would need to take sm separate science digest pill. To classy for a roughneck wrestler

10 May
No wonder i gt beaten a lot....gotcha gt my diet right....coz during d workout or the bout i feel completely zonked vry shortly....need a sustaining energy
Image_thumb
1 Post
May 10, 2015 4:46pm
via iOS
Just eat healthy food and do workouts. If you want great abs, find workouts for abs.  
Btw MyFitnessPal is great 
Image_thumb
5 Posts
May 10, 2015 11:48pm
via iOS
Try to remember to eat healthy, and don't just load up on fats to try to gain weight. Maybe adding some protein shakes to your diet would help as well. Good luck!
Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
May 11, 2015 1:56pm

Renee, you have done already what is probably the hardest thing you will have to do, admitting that you had a problem. From here on out, as difficult as it may be, you're past the worst part.

I recommend looking into one or several calorie calculators that will help you eat at a modest surplus. Simply put if you consume more calories than your body burns you will gain weight. If you want to gain muscle or lean body mass then you need to pay attention to what kinds of foods you are eating. MyFitnessPal is a great way to track. There are others out there as well. There is also http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ which will help you figure out how to set your macronutrient levels (protein, fat, carbohydrates) to help you gain that lean mass.

Then workout and be active. The more active you are the higher your metabolism and the better your chances of reducing body fat and increasing muscle. Listen to your body. Eat mindfully. And of course keep that "I can do this" attitude that I can already sense in your initial post.

You are in control of you. You have the power to become whatever you want to be, to accomplish whatever you want to accomplish. Make it happen!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51