Why do I feel embarrassed?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
May 12, 2015 11:38am
via Android

Hi well it's my first time doing a workout at home and I can't go to the gym because it's all about time and I feel weird doing exercise in front of everyone well my siblings so where should I do it? And I'm a beginner so tell me what workouts should a do, I'm tall and normal average weight.

12 May
I would try to make space in your room until you build up strength and endurance, then you'll want to show off your progress . Good luck!
23 May
Yeah Lisa's suggestion would be my first as well, but you may consider just finding a more private location in your neighborhood? Or maybe there's a park or playground in the area? I would prefer outdoors locations, weather permitting, but it's up to you!
Image_thumb
43 Posts
May 12, 2015 12:01pm
via iOS
If you are embarrassed to do your workouts in front of everyone do them in your room. You can do workouts like beginner running in this app and the workout baby steps.
Image_thumb
86 Posts
May 12, 2015 2:07pm
via Android

i can understand the embarrassment! i was like that myself at first, i would do a lot of classes at my gym to get used to it ( i went to goodlife). they have tons there! i liked the yoga, pilates, pump and the cycle class! its pretty secluded, and everyone is so focused on getting it done they dont pay attention to anything. plus, you can blend into the back.

i would suggest going to get used to the gym! if yours is open 24/7 then go earlier or later when it wont be as busy and you can have the gym to yourself to get used to things.

after the first few times of going, its not scary. and trust me, no one is looking at you. people zone everything out.

12234852_1090622137622190_2553052325994425743_n_thumb
4 Posts
May 13, 2015 9:59am
via iOS
Hi. Working out in front of others can be like that at first but trust me, they get used to it. And it can become contagious to others. My children are exposed to the exercise lifestyle and the older ones do now. Plus it motivates me to stick to my regime.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51