How to increase the number of Push Ups.

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
139 Posts
May 12, 2015 7:10pm
via Android

Hello people ^^ i need to increase the 'Push Ups Stamina' and the number of Push Ups that i can do.I felt my arms melting after 70 push ups and on every 20 push ups there was a rest of 10s.I feel unsatisfied about that....Some help and guidance about that?

12 May
You'll see progress more slowly than you seem to expect. You can't just go from 70 pushups to 200 from today to tomorrow. Just try to increase your number of pushups everytime and if you don't feel like you can do it - maybe next time! I'm sure if you workout to your limit, you'll see progresses very soon.
13 May
Try breaking it down to sets containing less reps. Do it with complete tension on the arms. I don't know about others but the normal push ups, Spiderman push ups and the diamond push ups worked wonders for me. Before I couldn't even do 20 push ups continuous but now I can do about 80-100 easily. Push ups increase your strength tremendously so it works wonders for me in tennis. Keep on working on it, bro. :-)
Image_thumb
139 Posts
May 12, 2015 7:23pm
via Android

Heh....i am trying but...it seems i need to strengthen my arms....Need a way to strengthen my arms without melting in the first 5 mins with a single workout.

12 May
You're already on your way of increasing your number of pushups! Try to keep up your pushup daily regime of 3*20 pushups with 10 sec rest. Every week set another goal by increasing the number (or decrease the time to rest). Workout to your limit, but don't overdo.
12 May
Number isn't the only variable. There are numerous types of pushups. Try combining them. For pecs shoulders back triceps wrists and so on. If you just do the normal type of push-ups you will only strenghten your back . Try doing pullups too.
Image_thumb
953 Posts
May 13, 2015 3:43pm
via Android

You could try working on endurance by trying to do many more knee pushups. Or go to your limit with regular full pushups, then do some more on knees. You can do dumbbell presses, or wall pushups .. Anything that engages those muscles with less weight so you can do more reps.

Also, try doing core strengthening work. I usually see an improvement in stamina when I'm working my core well. Pushups use a lot of the core, so if you condition that more, you'll probably have more energy to spare for your arms.

Image_thumb
139 Posts
May 13, 2015 3:44pm
via Android

I will try it thanks a lot brother :)

Image_thumb
5 Posts
May 14, 2015 8:47pm
via iOS
A good way to get more push ups is to inhale as you lower and exhale as you push, this means there is more oxygen for your muscles so they can work a little longer :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51