Basic Mathematics

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
459 Posts
May 13, 2015 1:12am
via Android

Back when I was a wee lad in school we learned that 2+2 =4. Took a little bit but I finally got the concept of adding . Then came subtraction. Pretty easy. Once my instructors felt I conquered those basics the bastards hit me with multiplication. Ass...Holes.
Not going to lie at all...I struggled big time in math. Until I changed my perception of it. 4x4 wasn't too difficult any more once I broke it down and figured it was simply 4+4+4+4. Hell , I was a master at addition. Bring it! Then came division, long division, fractions, algebra, trigonometry, so on and so forth. It kept getting more and more difficult. More and more confusing. Frustrated I was many times at the brink of giving up. Until I remembered it all broke down to that basic of basics. 2+2.

Life is the same way. We go through these tests, these struggles of addition and subtraction at am early age. And it doesn't get easier. Life piles on more factors. More equations. As on paper is the same as in life. It all breaks down to that st basic of lessons. We go through one equation in life to prepare us for the next and more trying of equations.

Never, my brothers and sister, never lose sight of; no matter what factors my come into your life at any stage, altering your perception, and breaking down any situation to its base will always help you to make it through it.

Sounds simple enough. But it isn't, I know. That's why we must always keep our head in the game when facing a problem. Or a struggle. Any situation. Head first doesn't mean charge in blindly and foolishly. Fools rush in where angels dare tred. Head first means Think before you act.

Break down the struggle and call upon your previous experience. Notice the similarities, and interact to find your solution. Never react. Interact.

Sorry if I lost you back there. My mind wanders. I hope this helps one of you. Use it to help someone else.

#beastmodecamp #beastofwisdom

13 May
Nicely said!
13 May
Yup keep these essays coming haha
30 Jun
Well said.
04 Jul
Thanks for this :-)
Image_thumb
821 Posts
May 13, 2015 3:00am
via Android

Life is a game, at least I view it as a game. I'm trying to constantly advance to the next level. Let's get to the next level!

30 Jun
Nice comparison.
Image_thumb
459 Posts
May 13, 2015 4:27am
via Android

Simple.  It never matters what the factors are. Change the equation,  change the outcome. 2+2...2-2. Same factors, different equation. Different result.

Image_thumb
459 Posts
Jun 30, 2015 4:17am
via Android

Bumped for those who need it

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Jul 19, 2015 5:16am
via Android

Bump

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jul 24, 2015 3:29am
via Android

Beastly bump!!

Image_thumb
459 Posts
Oct 16, 2015 7:51am
via Android

Bumped

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51