Mutual Motivation

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
May 15, 2015 11:41am
via Android

Been going to the gym and eating 'smart' for about 2 weeks now. Im generally fit since I've been doing gymnastics since I was 14 but while I'm relatively strong, it'd be nice to also look the way I feel. Finally feel motivated to workout daily and eat healthy, and not see it as a chore. Going to start tracking my progress and use this app consistently as well. I've been hovering around 220lbs for 7 years and ready to dip back below 200. Anyone want to partner up / go at it together? I hope I can provide some advice and tips from the gymnastics world as well!

15 May
I can team up because i am trying to loose weight too but heads up ..i am not too fit and not a gym person but i will be regular with workouts ..so ur choice
Image_thumb
65 Posts
May 15, 2015 7:01pm

I just started getting back into the gym, I don't have hours to spend there but I'm usually good for a 30-45 minute gym session 3 or 4 days a week. The rest of my workouts I do at home and I really have been trying to be consistent. 

I am embarrassingly inflexible so I would love some tips on how to loosen my body up a bit. I occasionally do yoga workouts at night so I think that's helping a bit. 

Image_thumb
7 Posts
May 15, 2015 7:15pm
via Android

That's awesome. I personally don't think going to the gym every day (or even in general) is necessary to be healthy. Body weight exercises and healthy diet are enough. I'm with you :)

Image_thumb
7 Posts
May 15, 2015 7:18pm
via Android

It looks like you have been consistent with your workouts based on your profile. Hopefully I can be as accountable with them as you are!

As for stretching, are there certain parts of your body you want to focus on? (Back, shoulders, legs and splits..) I know a lot of easy but effective stretches that if you do everyday you'll see results in no time.

I tried yoga..its just a bit too quiet for me ha.

16 May
I think my legs are in the most need of your guidance, though my back is a close second. . . What do you suggest instead of yoga?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51