Cardio after workout?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
May 15, 2015 11:51am
via iOS
Hey Is it bad to do cardio after weight training when you want to build muscles?
15 May
Yes it is. Should do cardio first. It's gets the blood flow going, which will help you during your weight training workout. If you do cardio after it actually takes away from your training.
15 May
Thanks alot
16 May
Interesting. See, I read the exact opposite. That cardio before weights saps your energy so you won't be pushing to the limits necessary for proper hypertrophy. Huh. I guess it's a good idea to research this some more.
Image_thumb
821 Posts
May 15, 2015 2:47pm
via Android

There is research to promote both views on what is best for muscle gains. I think you have to find the right balance for your body. Me personally, when i want to stay lean will do a light warmup steady state cardio for 5 - 10 mins before hitting the weights. Then hit the cardio again post weight training. When I want to gain weight I save cardio for only 2 days out of the week.

Image_thumb
215 Posts
May 15, 2015 6:14pm

The best is to do it on different days. But if you have to do it on one day, it's better to do cardio before muscle workout. Only then and if you want to gain muscles! If you have other goals, it might be better to change the sequence. Just think about, which muscles you want to gain - legs, arms, chest...

Of course you can finish your session with a slightly cardio training, but it may not be long and fast in this case.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51