Motivation help??

3 posts | Original | Recent

11188241_10153295555491303_3354318346732260711_n_thumb
1 Post
May 18, 2015 1:51pm
via iOS
Hello! I work 10-6 Monday to Friday and one in 3 Saturday's and 5 days a week I have to go to muck out my horse straight after work before having even had time to go home and make tea! I'm just so busy and think I don't have time for the gym (which is not true I'm in a 24 hour gym it's just the lack of motivation) how can I make myself go! I think a gym partner would help and I have 3 girls I go with but they often let me down and then I decide not to go! I think it's that I don't know how to use everything in the gym and not sure what exercises and equipment to use for what I want to achieve! Any helpful suggestions on how to motivate myself would be great!
18 May
18 May
Read Exercise Every Day by SJ Scott (ebook)...tells you it's not about motivation as much as it is about building the habit. I started mid April doing just 5 to 15 minutes each morning and now I'm up to 30 minutes. Don't know that I'll find time to increase it from here, but I'm building the daily habit...not taking the weekends off anymore.
Image_thumb
10 Posts
May 18, 2015 2:15pm
via iOS
I say go to the gym and ask one of the trainers to give you a tour and explain some of the exercises. You won't get comfortable with the equipment if you don't use it. They really aren't as bad as you would think. But you can also check out some websites like bodybuilding.com. They show a lot of different exercises and variations for every muscle group. Hope this helps Tre'
Image_thumb
1 Post
May 18, 2015 10:29pm
via iOS
Hi! I think you should work out first thing in the morning, even if you have to wake up an extra half an hour early, you should try to exercise even for 30-60 minutes before work starts. That way, you'll be motivated to go to work and do your best, and you'll feel ready for the day. But if you start doing this, make sure you do it in increments so you're not wearing yourself out the first day and then not want to do it anymore. Another thing; you should try going to the gym even once a week to start and then you'll grow attached to it and have motivation to go. Me, personally, find it easier to go to the gym alone so I am able to set my own goals, instead of following everyone else. That way I'm able to set my own pace. I hope this helps!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51