Sk's R.I.P.PED UP Program - muscle building

88 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
May 18, 2015 3:57pm

Beginning soon, I will be creating and starting the third and final set of my workout programs for this year. So far this year I've created the following workout programs:

Sk's DARE TO SHRED - a 30 day program designed to shed bodyfat whilst maintaining as much lean muscle mass as possible.

Sk's POWER TRIP - a 60 day program designed to increase muscle strength/endurance whilst packing on muscle mass

This one, Sk's R.I.P.PED UP will be a 30 day program focusing purely on defining muscle. No strength training, no HIIT, just pure iron lifting.

As with all the programs there will be multiple body parts getting hit each day and on this one the split will be:

MONDAY - Legs & Arms

TUESDAY - Back & Shoulders

WEDNESDAY - Abs

THURSDAY - Chest & Calves

FRIDAY - Legs & Arms

SATURDAY - Active Rest

SUNDAY - Active Rest

Emphasis is being placed on the legs (as usual, coz i've been hitting them twice a week for the past 2 months now) and arms (coz it's nearly Summer so guns need to be polished!). In addition, there'll be regular pull-up sets to keep building the 'V' taper that the POWER TRIP Program focuses on in the final few weeks.

As usual, anyone is free to try the workouts from my created file - This is only useful for people who use the gym because you'll need access to a lot of equipment.

31 May
This what I been looking for after having gastric bypass. I'm so fucking ready to have a new body for me. Forget the ex's it's for me and my Kids I wanna live to be fine and see my kids grow and grand kids
31 May
Feel free to join in Joe. The workouts will all be in my created workouts on my profile
18 Jun
Awesome, count me in :-)
18 Jun
Hi Fran, all my workout programs are in my created file on my profile and I'm in the process of creating a new shred program called DARE TO SHRED AGAIN which I'll be starting in July
Image_thumb
23 Posts
May 18, 2015 4:00pm
via Android

Can't wait!!!!

18 May
You might've noticed that I've changed focus from the legs + back to legs + arms. That's because I believe that those who have done the POWER TRIP program can handle doing pull-ups to keep working the back so it gives me the chance to introduce the arms/forearms instead. I'll introduce different pull-up variations. I'm taking some time this morning to try to finish off all of the POWER TRIP days so I can begin creating the new program. you'll be pleased to know there is ZERO mandatory cardio Anita! lol
18 May
More reasons I'm even more excited!!!!
18 May
It's also Erin's fault for falling in love with Thor's arms when we went to see the avengers movie!! Gotta work on my guns more!! I can already do the accent
18 May
Hahaha you're almost there Scotty! Don't lose faith!
18 May
I just need to buy a rubber hammer!
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
May 18, 2015 4:25pm

Each week there will be one day where there is extended time in the gym to really push that day's muscle groups to their absolute limit.

Week One = Back & Shoulders (for example, this days workout is 1hr & 47mins long)

Week Two = Chest & Calves

Week Three = Abs

Week Four = Back & Shoulders

As legs and arms are getting hit twice a week there is no need to apply any more time on these days.

19 May
I am going to like this alot
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
May 18, 2015 8:31pm
via iOS
Week one is created

The first week begins in the 10 rep range for the majority of the time. 

The following week moves to 12 reps with slight modifications on the exercises. 

The week after that changes to 15 reps 

The final week moves back to 10 reps with heavier weight. 

Keep a log of what you lift
Image_thumb
99 Posts
May 19, 2015 2:32am
via Android

I wish i could go gym everyday to do this

19 May
Yeah sorry Touma, you need to hit the gym at least 4 times a week.
19 May
Lol thats okay. I work myself around it.
19 May
You can always try a particular day & let me know what you think of it. I always like that : )
19 May
Will do :)
Image_thumb
342 Posts
May 19, 2015 5:06pm
via Android

I am excited to start this one and what your not doing anymore programs after this?
Are we starting this May 25?

19 May
I've got no plans to create any more programs after this one. I've not checked the dates yet to see when this'll start. We need a few deload/rest days to give ourselves a good ending/start
19 May
Hahaha I think you deserve to rest with all the hard work you have put into these programs! I know we have the Saturday & Sunday off and I was wondering if there would be more after that to rest and get ready for a good pump!
19 May
So that means that you may or may not have plans to do any programs after? I just want to be optimistic that you might :D
19 May
Hahahaha look at us were addicted!
19 May
haha, how cute are you two?!?!?! I don't know what else would need to be created to be honest! If you want to give me suggestions I'll happily consider it. I'm even throwing in some yoga into this program!
Image_thumb
342 Posts
May 19, 2015 5:55pm
via Android

*can*

Image_thumb
45 Posts
May 21, 2015 6:31am
via Android

This should be fun! I thoroughly enjoyed Power Trip. I wasn't around to do the 30 day Shred program but if after we finish this program and you choose not to create anymore, I'll do that one after this one. I'm seeing results so I'm motivated to continue although I cry like a baby sometimes. I do love the results though. You should see my arms and thighs. It's so crazy how tight everything is! Before, I had this little bicep muscle, Haha, but now it's bigger and what I even noticed was on the side of my arm I have this really nice muscle, too. It feels so good! Don't know much about muscles but I thought it was just the bicep in front then the triceps in back. But there's this really cool muscle on the side too! I guess it's an extension of the bicep, maybe, dunno. Anyway, what's really cool too is the muscle directly above my knees. Every time, I catch myself caressing it because it feels so good. There are muscles everywhere, haha. I'm excited! Oh and my Abs, it's hard to describe but there's an indentation on either side by my obliques feels really nice. And that lateral muscle around my belly button feels so hard! My shoulders and chest are the most impressive though! Not sure why maybe those are easier to tone? ... But everything's shaping up nicely. Should check out my back to see whats happening there, haven't done so yet. Not ready to take pictures yet, but I will later, for sure.

So count me in Scotty! I wanna see more awesome results!!!! Can't wait to see what I look like in another month! Plus I started cutting back more on calories like you said, and the pounds are coming off just like you said, too! I'm so excited! Thanks for all that you do. And being so generous with your time and Oh so encouraging! 

21 May
THIS WAS SUCH AN AMAZING READ THIS MORNING!!! Thank you Kiweda, sincerely.
21 May
No, thank YOU, Scotty! You've been really great!
Image_thumb
45 Posts
May 24, 2015 6:08pm
via Android

So we're starting this and the squat thrust challenge on June 1st, right? Is there anything else I'm missing??

24 May
I'll be putting more detail of how this program works but basically you need to do 20mins of steady state cardio per day. The squat thrusts can form part of that of you're doing the challenge. I'll be doing the squat thrusts first to get my heart-rate up, then going into the steady state. I'm not asking for any HIIT to be done, that's up to you. Personally I'll be doing no HIIT or very little and only if Erin wants to do some on some gym sessions.
24 May
OK cool.
May 24, 2015 6:59pm
via Android

Dude...  Now that I've seen THIS POST,  you know I'm going to follow this program

24 May
Have fun with it Van Lester! It's arms & legs focused to get that body ready for summer
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
May 27, 2015 8:04pm
via iOS
This question goes to the ladies - Dawna/Anita/Kiweda for completing my POWER TRIP program.

I've been thinking about the muscle group split given that Dawna wants to have 2 days full rest & am considering splitting the days up differently. 
Monday - Friday will be workout days. With Saturday & Sunday up to the individual (cardio only for me) 

The week will be split like this:
Monday - legs & arms
Tuesday - back & traps 
Wednesday - shoulders
Thursday - chest & calves 
Friday - legs & arms 

As you can see, I've removed an "ab day" as I'll have you doing 3 sets of fatigue abs on different days.

This will allow us to focus on continuing to build the shoulders in addition to legs/arms by having a one day blitz each week. What are your thoughts?????
27 May
I think that's a great idea, Scotty. Having two days rest sounds very reasonable, so that we could either rest or do cardio, depending on how sore we are gonna be lol
27 May
That's sounds fine to me Scotty... No abs day? I mean, just as long as we'll be working them enough those other thread days, that should be fine. Plus we're gonna be doing the squat thrust challenge as well. Two days Res ft sounds like magic, haha. I will do cardio those days for sure. But it's all good. But let's ensure that we're working our abs as well just like the other body parts.
27 May
27 May
This totally works for me, I am in!
27 May
I am totally excited to do this program!
Image_thumb
134 Posts
May 27, 2015 11:28pm
via Android

I wish I either had a gym membership or a home gym to do this program. Ugh I need to get something.

28 May
Lol very cute Sterling
29 May
Lol I was being serious!
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
May 30, 2015 4:52pm
via iOS
I'm creating the first week's workouts this evening & tomorrow and put on details of how the plan works if people want to follow it accurately. 
Watch this space.......
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
May 31, 2015 12:46am
via iOS
31 May
31 May
31 May
Hahahaha too funny!
Image_thumb
23 Posts
May 31, 2015 1:58am
via Android

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!!!! I'm so excited about what my body is gonna turn into in the next 30 days!!!!! Just the entire process makes me super excited Scotty, again, you are awesome, thanks for taking the time to put this together for us all!!!

31 May
Well said Anita! I am pretty excited too, I am all rested up and ready to go, this was extremely difficult to do! Scotty this is totally awesome what you do, I am real disappointed more people wouldn't join, but I guess they want instant results and not put in the hard work! So pumped for this program, I have some news but won't share it till later on my new post, my hard work is paying off! Have a fantastic Sunday and thanks again Scotty! ;-)
31 May
Oh you have news?! Love hearing some good news! Have a fantastic Sunday too, Dawna! :)
31 May
Everyone likes to hear news!!!!! Unless it's bad of course.. If it is I don't wanna know!! (Well maybe I do. No no. Yeah maybe)
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
May 31, 2015 3:46pm
via iOS
Day one is ready. It won't let me link it to here though. 

Monday will be leg focused, Friday will be arm focused. 

Enjoy!! 
31 May
I went in your created and it's showing arms & legs is that correct, it also shoes up to 7 days done is this correct?
31 May
June we'll be hitting legs & arms twice so yeah, workout 1 is correct. The other days are done but I'm modifying them this evening. I should have them all done by tomorrow morning : )
31 May
I like what I'm seeing from day one, Scotty! This is gonna be great. I'm mentally and physically ready to take this next step. And I believe this is gonna be a better effort from me as compared to the last program. Its like Power Trip has put me in the perfect position to make the best of this next one. So let's do this and enjoy the good results we'll no doubt be seeing in a few weeks! :)
31 May
Thanks Kiweda. I'll explain how it's all gonna work later today as well before we all hit it hard ; )
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jun 1, 2015 2:40am
via iOS
INFO ON HOW THIS PROGRAM WORKS 

(1) On training days you must do 20-30mins of steady state cardio - I don't care when or what kind you do. On non-training days do as much HIIT as you like or complete rest

(2) Log how much weight you lift on each exercise - you have to do this as we will be increasing the stress on our bodies each week & I don't want any slacking (I'll probably log mine on here for ease) 

(3) You are lifting heavy on this program. If you get to the end of the reps and are not fatiguing then you're lifting too light. Put that weak-ass dumbbell down and pick up the heavier one for the next set!

(4) Stick to the rests!! I can't emphasize this enough. Stick to them! Not 30secs more coz you're tired, not 30secs less coz you're lifting light or need to pee. Stick. To. The. Rests. And. Lift. Heavy

(5) have FUN!! These workouts will pump you up and leave you jacked. We are muscle building!!! 

(6) nutrition - that's up to you! For the month of June I'll be eating 100% clean (I've eaten a lot of crap this month!!) and a high protein, low fat diet with the majority of my carbs coming from vegetables on a 50/40/10 split
01 Jun
Sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!! But just a slight issue for me...Steady state cardio? That means, I can't do my usual sprints? :'(
01 Jun
Of course you can. This is just how this program works. If you wanna deviate that's totally up to you
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jun 1, 2015 12:56pm
via iOS
I'll recreate days 2-7 today. Sorry, I didn't have time yesterday
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jun 1, 2015 5:21pm
via iOS
Day one is done!! And we are off & running for another month 

90lb straight arm barbell curls
80lb straight arm barbell skull crushers 
70lb dumbbell bicep curls
90lb tricep push down
90lb leg extensions 
280lb barbell squats 
270lb leg press (sweat was flooding down my face by now) 
70lb leg curls
90lb standing calf raises 

I can go heavier on some of these, I'm carrying a slight muscle strain in my left leg which isn't helping.
Good session though! 

I'll start creating the other workouts now 
01 Jun
Nice job my brother
01 Jun
Wow, impressive. Pretty sure my weights won't be as heavy as yours, they never are, but I'll make sure theyre as heavy as possible.
01 Jun
Thanks you two. I've been carrying a muscle strain in my left leg for just over 3 weeks now so I can't go as heavy as I would like to on squats/leg press. It's annoying but I don't want to stop altogether to let it heal so I just drop weight a little
01 Jun
Be careful not to further exacerbate the strain!
01 Jun
Don't worry, I'm careful! I'm always training with one injury or another : )
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jun 1, 2015 6:50pm

Day's 2 & 3 are created now - as I'm now isolating the back/shoulders/chest across 3 days I've been able to add more exercises to R.I.P. you up!!

You might not be familiar with some of the exercises so take a look and let me know and i'll post a video or photos whereever possible, otherwise I'll provide a full description

PS.. Both days are gonna be insane!

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Jun 2, 2015 12:04am
via Android

Day 1 complete! My thighs are shaking and I'm walking funny. Ouch!

02 Jun
Isn't it awesome?!? Lol
02 Jun
I'm still feeling it, Scotty! Even more so now that I'm about to do those Squat thrusts.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jun 2, 2015 3:00am
via iOS
Info on day 2's workout:
You should be familiar with most of the exercises tomorrow but you might not be familiar with the rope face pull. 

Using a cable, you attach the rope (that you would normally use for bicep curls or tricep push downs). Have the cable at shoulder height or slightly able (I prefer shoulder).

Standing up, pull the rope towards your face with your elbows jutting out to the sides at a 90 degree angle making sure to pinch your lats. Slowly return back to position and repeat.

Other than that, enjoy tomorrow!! Total back isolation tomorrow which is gonna leave you trembling 
02 Jun
Oh, so this is like a skull crusher.. but standing instead..
02 Jun
The elbows go out to the sides instead of being directly in front of your face.
02 Jun
OK, thanks.
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Jun 2, 2015 3:31am
via Android

Sk's R.I.P.PED UP - DAY 1 done!!! Okay let me log in my weights real quick and go eat something

55lbs bicep curls x10
40lbs skullcrashers x10
20lbs cable tricep pushdowns x10
110lbs Leg Extensions x25
145lbs Barbell squats x10
270lbs Leg press x20
90lbs Leg curls x10
250lbs Calf press x10

Awesome workout session. Have a great night!!!

02 Jun
250lb calf press??!! What machine were you using? That would pop my calves clean off
02 Jun
It was assisted so it was easier
02 Jun
I know you sprint but I was thinking "DAYYYUM!!"
02 Jun
02 Jun
Wish I could do the mandatory cardio but I'm hungry as hell lol
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Jun 2, 2015 2:29pm
via Android

Good morning Scotty
I can't do a T- Bar row I am not equipped, substitute with?
Thanks and have a great morning!

02 Jun
I got it I am going to do a shot gun row :-)
02 Jun
Lol, glad I could help! ; )
02 Jun
Hahahahaha
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jun 2, 2015 5:22pm
via iOS
Day 5 is done - I've only modified it a little 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51