Depression buster

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 20, 2015 8:15pm
via Android

Just trying to motivate myself to make positive changes in myself during a time of heartbreak any suggestions to stick with my guns on making a routine?

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
May 20, 2015 8:20pm
via iOS
Structure - having gone through difficult times myself in rest years I learnt to program my brain to zone out when training. 

I ALWAYS went to the gym knowing EXACTLY what I was going to be doing. That way I could zone out & get it done & always felt better afterwards. 

As for actually beginning, I've coached stuff like this before and have trained myself to follow a certain 3 min routine during which I will listen to a specific song, depending on my mood, and go through a stretching routine. During this time I will meditate out and prepare myself to rip shit up. 

I never listen to the specific songs at any other time other than this, and the stretching routine is the same every time - I go almost robotic. 

I also create my own programs so that I know exactly what I'll be doing each day & week so I don't have to think about it. The more I think, the more likely I'll talk myself out of it.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 20, 2015 8:25pm
via Android

Thank you this really helpful on getting me back to my roots and has opened me up to some new ideas like the specific song i used to zone out and hit a punching bag all day so i wouldnt get angry or sad and hurt myself in the process so in the end i would be calm and focused on hand placement to prevent injury

20 May
You're welcome
Image_thumb
51 Posts
May 21, 2015 4:08pm
via Android

Hey I go through bad times also.  I hate winter.  I think i have seasonal affective disorder.  Anyway, what helps for me is to put it on the calendar and combine it with something i do every day, e.g. after i eat breakfast i exercise then shower.  Also if i am not feeling up to it, i just go slowly at first and give myself the option to quit after 10 minutes.  Usually after 10 minutes, i feel like continuing.  Cheers.

21 May
I like this it kinda goes along with just doing mindlessly
Image_thumb
159 Posts
May 26, 2015 8:53am
via Android

Allow yourself a chance to heal. Believe you will.  If you can stay friends with your girl it makes the transition easier even if you don't talk as often then and give each other space. I remember how it felt going through the same phase and it made me lapse for 2months because my heart hurt literally but I did get back. Even though it didn't seem I possibly could at those times. If it really hurts talk to her.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51