I feel unmotivated / weaker than yesterday. Why?

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
459 Posts
Jun 10, 2015 5:53pm
via Android

If normally you're pretty charged up about working out, but for some reason today you just can't seem to find the drive, or you find you just can't push the same reps/weight as you did yesterday...the problem may be over training.

Is that a thing, really?

Sure is. It's not so much the muscle fatigue I'm talking about, it's your CNS. Your central nervous system.

Science:
The central nervous system (CNS) is the processing center for the nervous system. It receives information from and sends information to the peripheral nervous system. The two main organs of the CNS are the brain and spinal cord. The brain processes and interprets sensory information sent from the spinal cord.

It is quite possible for you to fry your CNS; which will cause you to feel fatigued, or not able to activate the same amount of muscle fibers as the previous workout. You'll feel weak, perhaps lathargic, and slower in your movements.

Well sh*t, how do I avoid this?

Simple really.
Step 1...MORE SLEEP. You've heard and you'll hear over and over again; sleep is important for everyday life. Especially those with active lifestyle. Shoot for 6-8 hours a night. Reaching REM sleep (that'll be a whole nother thread) is hitting the rest button on your CNS.

Another method would be to adjust your workouts...take two or more off days a week, depending on your routine and it's intensity. Also be careful you're not going to failure every day, every set, every rep. That's the quickest more efficient way to shock your CNS and reserve a spot on DL . (NOT how I got here by the way )

More over...taking more time to rest between your sets is also a good method. 60seconds - 2:30minutes, depending on intensity.
Yes yes I know, you want to get it in while you're charged up and feeling the pump. That's cool and all...but that's the effects of caffeine and adrenaline you're feeling. Rest!

Each routine should have a good blend of high and low intensity workouts.

Supplementing fish oil and glutamine I have read; also have profound results on recovery.

There you go, rest to recover. Take as much time as you need and don't let yourself become discouraged, or believe that it's just not working. It is. We're not always going to increase how much we can lift, how many reps we can do, or how long we can run every time we workout. We have to take care of our clockwork orange, our bodies as living machines, and allow proper amount of cool down time.

Hope this helps.

-D.Jack

#beastmodecamp #CampLife #lordgains

11 Jun
So true, overtraining is a really bad idea, in any gym anywhere you could gather up 10 random people and you'd be guaranteed that at least half of them are overtraining. I was the same until I was forced to stop working out due to injury, Upon my return to the gym i was stronger, faster and much more motivated. My first day back i beat my own record on the treadmill( a record i couldn't beat for months) if your feeling tired, lethargic or weak just take a week off gym and exercise and eat normally (No cutting or...
12 Jun
Good insight Will.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jun 10, 2015 6:21pm
via iOS
Or you're a total p*ssy who prefers to eat Cheetos outta your belly button ?
10 Jun
I prefer not to acknowledge those people.
10 Jun
Oh. I get it. You're not a Cheetos person eh? ; )
10 Jun
Maybe doritos..
10 Jun
This really depends on whether they are hot Cheetos or regular
10 Jun
Mmmmm, hot cheetos
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jun 10, 2015 6:39pm
via Android

I think too many people now a days pass off over training as just being lazy.

Say I can work 6, 12 hours shifts bang out an hour in the gym, come home help feed, bathe, and put my kid to sleep. Help put the mrs. To sleep, hehe. And still have good gym sessions.  Yeah I'm sure you are "over training".

Go drink some beta alanine and stop eating soo many damn nachos. Sorry I'm done with my rant, I apologize for possibly ruining your post hahaa

10 Jun
Nooe. Good point indeed. I was talking to the serious newbies for once haha
10 Jun
Da fuckisa nooe? NOPE*
10 Jun
Lol when I read the commwnt, I didn't notice the typo
10 Jun
In the army I work out every single day from day one til the day I was out. Just about. Over trained sure. Where there days where I didn't work out like on leave, block leave, Xmas leave, sure. But they weren't many days. Depends on the body type too.
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Jun 11, 2015 1:15am

A good way to find out if it's over training is your pulse in rest. Measure your pulse every morning, straight after waking up, still lying in bed. After a few days you know what it is usual. If after a hard workout (or any other stress) the next morning your pulse is higher than usual, you should rest for one more day.
If your pulse is normal, your body has recovered. If you're not in mood to workout, it's not over training now.

11 Jun
Hooray for science
11 Jun
09 Aug
Hmm this is very interesting! I'll be getting this for sure...thx for the helpful advice :-)
09 Aug
*trying this* I mean lol
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Jul 17, 2015 9:03pm
via Android

Bump...I'm covering the forum with bumps

17 Jul
This should be a weekly chore for all of BMC
17 Jul
18 Jul
I crashed after bumping.lol
18 Jul
Good bumping Hadi.
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Aug 9, 2015 1:04pm
via Android

Back up you go. Pow!!!!

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 9, 2015 2:09pm
via Android

The best way to be ready for the next day/workout, is to cool down. If and when you cool down, it allows your body to relax, which will help you sleep. Try to keep you exercise at regulation, you know, crate a program where you exercise the same time, same place every week. Let your body get comfortable with the times, and if you want to  change the exercise, try stay at the same level before you try a harder one.

Image_thumb
459 Posts
Aug 11, 2015 11:43pm
via Android

Up.

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 7:12pm
via Android

Bump

Image_thumb
459 Posts
Oct 16, 2015 7:52am
via Android

Read.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51