Need Motivation

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 20, 2015 12:27am
via Android

Hey I need help trying to get motivated to workout. I just can't seem to motivate myself, what should I do? I've been trying to convince myself to eat healthier and drink more water and protein shakes but I can't do it. I need some help please

20 Jun
Hi Arielle, I agree that creating a short term goal works well, especially if you are just starting to train. I started with the 2 minute plank. My motivation comes from visualizing the body and health I want. Good luck and stick with it. Just remember doing something is better than doing nothing.
20 Jun
Honestly what works for me is I make things a contest like on here if you complete a certain amount of work out you get labeled as a pro and I'm striving to become a pro. Also you can trick yourself when you're about to eat fattening foods I just think disgusting thoughts about it I use to love steak until one day I decided ugh all the fat is just spewing around in my mouth and I tricked myself into thinking it tasted dusty. Well hope my advice helps. Remember stay competitive and remember what you want your body...
20 Jun
Hiya Arielle (lovely name) it is hard to stay motivated , especially if ur feeling a bit low or tired . Don't put to much pressure on yourself little changes to diet and don't worry about what other people are doing . Do u have any goals for yourself? When i started to see results that motivated me more and i feel better after i exercise i also have people i admire who motivate me , also for health too . Everyone will help on here and they're really nice .xx
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 20, 2015 12:31am
via Android

I've been on here for about a month

Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Jun 20, 2015 12:35am

Drinking water and eating protein shakes is a good start, but not enough. the first thing you need to do is create a plan, set some short term goals and stick to them, find out what you like and incorporate that into your workouts to make them more exciting, join a workout team either on skimble or in your community, finally follow people who workout daily on skimble. Good luck and God bless!!!

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 20, 2015 12:36am
via Android

I find quotes are sometimes motivational. Eg. Fit is the new sexy. how old are you?

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jun 20, 2015 2:19am
via iOS
Routine routine routine. I had a hard time starting out but if I set short goal that fed my long term ones and regulated my schedule so workout were at the same time each day it just clicked and became the norm. For example I'd get up at 4 and first thing took my preworkout or ate a banana to give me a boost so I wouldn't go back to bed then head to the gym by 4:30 and do at least an hour of good work (alternating between cardiovascular, circuit and weight training). Then head home make coffee shower eat and head to work by 7:30.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 20, 2015 3:30am
via Android

Thank you guys for the advice I really appreciate it hopefully it helps motivate me

20 Jun
Also , I don't know if you saw my last comment or not yet but there is a scheduling aspect of this app which help me a lot as well.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51